Friday, May 09, 2008

-600

Today is 30th day with no cigarette. I still can't believe I have made it this far. Two years ago I made it 7 days and then struggled for 2 more weeks before finally giving in and smoking for good again. I figured that I have smoked at least 600 less cigarettes since I quit smoking.
600.
Oh my lord that is a lot of cigarettes. I have saved at least $100 and I am happy to report that I no longer smell like an ashtray. I always thought I did a good job in hiding the smoke smell, but I know I did not hide it. I put on a jacket this morning that I had not worn since I quit smoking and I could smell the cigarettes even after 30 days of not smoking. When I walk past someone that smokes I can tell if they have had a cigarette in the last 2 hours and they just stink. Hey, I just realized I need to put the fact that I quit smoking on my positive board because to me that is a huge positive.

Tomorrow Sophie and I are going to meet up with MJ and Sadie for a walk which should be a lot of fun. Speaking of MJ, today we were talking and she was talking about her parents farm and she casually said, "You should come down to the farm sometime." I really don't think she realized what she was saying because if it had been possible I probably would have gone right then. She promised that at some point she will take me down to her family farm and I am going to hold her to that promise. Growing up I always wished I lived on a farm just like Little House and hearing stories of MJ's childhood she had the childhood I always wanted. I wonder if she wished she lived in the city when she was growing up. The grass always seems greener on the other side doesn't it?

I have mentioned how good I am at remembering dates and today was a perfect example. As I was driving to work I realized it was May 9 and I immediately thought "16 years ago today was my senior prom". So if it ever seems like I am having trouble figuring something out it is probably because some stupid date is clogging my brain.

5 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

30 days, I knew you could do it! You Rock!!

MJ said...

Getting you down to the farm will not be a problem....I'm concerned about getting you back to the city...Laura wanna-be.

And yes, there were times I wanted to live in the city.

Minnesota Nice said...

There was a woman on Good Morning America yesterday who can remember in detail, every day of her entire life. She can remember the date of ANYTHING. Scientists are studying her brain! Maybe they should study yours too? I can't remember what I had for dinner last night.

Lynilu said...

Congratulations on that!! Wow, isn't it amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it? I'm proud of you!

Monogram Queen said...

Congrats and keep it up!!!! I am so proud of you!