Thursday, April 10, 2008

26 hours

So I have made it to day 2 without smoking. Last night when I got home I took Sophie for a nice long walk and then had dinner. After dinner I looked around like, "now what?" It is amazing how much smoking has become a part of my routine and habit. I kept having to remind myself that I was not needing a cigarette. But it is really hard to break this habit, but I am determined to for good this time. Be sure to go over and give Sandra some encouragement as well. She decided to quit with me and is one day behind me.

Last night I laid down around 6:30pm and slept for about an hour. Part of me feels like I have a lot energy, but I also feel very tired. Not too sure how that is happening. I slept really good last night and woke up around 6:15am to the sounds of thunder. I jumped out of bed and took Sophie for her morning walk. I knew we were expecting some heavy rain and I didn't want to take her out when it was pouring. I then came back to bed for an hour.

This morning my cable box was not working. I was thinking that I was going to need to leave work early because I have been having trouble with my box lately and I was just going to trade it in for a new one. I knew that trading in my box meant I would lose all the saved shows (about 8 hours). I called Time Warner and apparently they are having problems with all the cable boxes. So I am happy that I will not lose my saved shows, but I pray that it's working when I get home. I am not too sure I can handle not smoking and no TV.

I have already noticed some small differences with me not smoking. My breathing is not as labored and I feel "calmer" over all. I still feel some anxiety, but I don't feel like I am always out of breathe. And walking Sophie seems to be a little easier. I just look forward to the day when I will do something and not think about smoking.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caroline-
It gets easier with time. I used to chew gum when the urge to smoke hit me. That's the only time when I would chew gum.

Abby

Trinity2 said...

-and, it will be a day where you'll say "I haven't thought about smoking in two whole days!" and it will be wonderful....

Monogram Queen said...

It's true, one day at a time. Keep at it! Just remember "I think I can, I think I can"

Minnesota Nice said...

I'm not going to blog about, at least I don't think. I did have myself down to only 2-3 a day, but dang I enjoyed those 2-3. Lately I just can't stand the smell on my clothes/hands/hair ANYMORE.

A social worker in the making. said...

you can do it

Anonymous said...

Caroline good for you,. I found it the hardest thing I ever did, and I have no regrets about weathering the storm. You will, one of these days, say ewwwwwww that person next to me just had a smoke and it smells terrible. Have you noticed in any social gathering, smokers are wayyy in the minority and very obvious by their sneaking outside for a puff. Think how nice your apartment will soon smell too. Its worth the effort...physically, emotionally, and financially. I'm sure you can do this...you are a strong woman. Crutch begone lol

Ruth (i hate to sound like a reformed smoker, but thats me!!!!)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the jayhawks-- the sky is still a lovely shade of Carolina blue...