Sunday, February 03, 2008

Photos of the Birthday Girl

Since I don't know exactly when Bonk's Birthday is, I decided two years ago that we would celebrate her birthday on Super Bowl Sunday. She didn't seem to mind.

When I was 14 my brother had a girlfriend that just left a cat at my parents house. We ended up keeping this cat, whose name was Samantha. No one really liked the cat because she didn't seem to have much personality. Well, after a few months we changed her name from Samantha to Bonkers. We named her that for two reasons: 1) We thought she had a crazy attitude and 2) We had these treats called Bonkers and everytime we would shake the box she would come running.

When I got married and moved out I decided to take Bonk with me. The first two days in the apartment Bonk hid behind the microwave. Bonk used to be a lot like Ben and was very afraid of anyone that came in the house. Then 4 years ago something changed. Bonk suddenly was not afraid of anything and became the most friendly cat I have ever had, besides Brady of course.

In the last four years I feel like I have a totally new cat. I now have a cat that greets everyone that comes in the door, loves to be held and had decided that her name is now "Stay". When I was working with Sophie on getting her to stay, Bonk decided that was her name. Such a silly cat.

Here are some of my favorite pics of Bonk:
Here she is supervising Sophie.
Her favorite place to nap. (notice who is behind her)
Second favorite place to nap; next to Sophie
Showing me attitude.
Happy Birthday sweet Bonk.

Be sure to check out my previous post. Sophie and I decided to make a video for Bonks Birthday.

4 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

Happy Birthday Bonk :)

Anonymous said...

A very "hippo birdie" to Bonk! I too have a wonderful companion "Dolly" who is now 19 but like Bonk I really don't know when her birthday is. I like your idea of celebrating it tho! Hang in there, kindred spirit!

Monogram Queen said...

Happy Birthday Bonk!

Holly said...

Happy Birthday Bonk (a little late) ;-)