Saturday, February 02, 2008

Looking for Motivation

Four weeks from today I will be moving. Hopefully this will be the last move for a while. I am so excited about moving, but I can't seem to get motivated to start packing again. It seems like I have been packing since last summer. When I moved back to the house last October I unpacked probably 75% of my stuff. And now I have to start the process of packing again. I don't understand why I am having trouble finding motivation when I am so excited about the move.

My house is about 1400 square feet and my new apartment is just under 500 square feet. That means I have a lot of downsizing to do as well. I have always had a hard time letting go of stuff and I have a lot of sorting that I need to do in the next month. Anyone want to come help me sort and pack? :)

Besides trying to find the motivation to start packing, I don't have much planned this weekend. This morning I slept until 10am. I haven't done that in years and it felt wonderful.

Be sure to come back and visit tomorrow so you can wish a special lady in my life a Happy 21st Birthday.

5 comments:

One Messed Up Chick said...

Youre right packing is no fun. Wish I lived closer we would have a "gay" old time packing LOL ;)

Lynilu said...

I think you'll do it eventually. It is hard to get started. Maybe you need to rent a storage unit for a couple months for the overflow while you sort and figure out what to keep?? It is easier to decide that when you're in the new place. Trust me, I know these things!! :D

May I be the first? Happy Birthday, Pretty Miss Bonk!!!

Bella said...

I would be no help. I am terrible at packing.

Anonymous said...

Caroline I would love to help you, wish I was closer. You need three piles (or containers or boxes,or totes, whatever works best) Label containers....
Necessary/keep

Donate/ Good Will, womens shelter

Discard/ if not used in the last year, likely will never be used


OR Try an indoor yard/garage sale..invite friends and co-workers to help you take some things off your hands.

I'm sure you have some treasures that someone else just cant
live without. LOL

And Happy Birthday to Bonk



Ruth

Monogram Queen said...

Girl I can't offer motivation, um, I still haven't unpacked/put away stuff from my move back in *whispers* july