Friday, January 18, 2008

Strange Encounter

When MG and I broke up I decided that I was not going to actively search for anyone to date. If someone approached me then that was fine. So last night I got a message from this woman in Canada who said she was interested in getting to know me better. This is what her profile said:

"Is she out there? The one woman who will make me think that this online search isn't a total waste of time? Somebody long term minded? Educated? Interesting? Loving? Looking for a full time relationship? Monogamy? Friendship? Sharing? Somebody who truly seeks the "one"? Let me know"

Seems nice, right? Well, after one email she said she wanted to talk on Yahoo. So we got on Yahoo and talked a little bit.

After a couple minutes she told me what she was looking for in a woman and I was a little bit surprised. She is looking for an "owner" or "master".

Is there anyone normal out there? And if so, why do I only seem to find the strange ones?

10 comments:

Deb said...

Oh. no. she. didn't.

What is up with people who RIGHT AWAY bring out their weird ass fantasies to a mere stranger??? I don't get that! And yes, there are normal women out there but let me tell you - it's RARE!!!

I hope you do find the one. They come when you least expect it. I know, old fart platitude, but a true one.

Monogram Queen said...

It truly does take all kinds... and she really should have put some sort of "clue" in her profile so she doesn't waste peoples time!

Lynilu said...

Oh, lawdy. Yes, people are strange to say the least. Well, I'm glad you didn't get any deeper before she exploded with that little(?) bomb! Keep looking, your special person is out there somewhere. :)

Jane said...

Oh man, I thought it was just men that were neanderthals wasting my time. I'm with you sister...are there any decent people, male or femal, out there??!

Minnesota Nice said...

I'm surprised you don't see the value in having a slave Caroline - you'd never have to do any yardwork or clean the toilet again.
Oh and the litter boxes!

Gah, I'm with Patti - she should have put something in her profile. By pulling that out of her hat later, she isn't just wasting other people's time, she's really wasting a lot of her own time too.

Anonymous said...

geesh Caroline, it wasnt me....honest !!! I have been Gerry's slave for 46 years LOL

Dont get involved, she might be a wacko.


Ruth in Canada lol

SheA said...

i was trying to come up with some clever response...but I am fresh outta lines....go figure, i must be concentrating too hard on this weekend's football game.

Annie Z said...

I gave up on internet dating last year, Caroline. It stopped being worth the effort. Because most every effort ended up with a kook or with me getting hurt.
But then my face to face efforts didn't work either and I still got hurt.
Go figure!
Anyway, I won't go internet again. But I will still do face to face again. Just not for a little while.
Annie
xxx

Spilling Ink said...

I ended up meeting with someone like that once from a personal ad. Wasted a whole evening. AND it was downright creepy, too.

hhh said...

we are not all that strange up here in the great white north....ohhhh but this did give me a chuckle.....Let me introduce me....my friends call me freshie...I have lived in Canada my whole life and am so intrigued by your love of the north.....it's freaking cold up here ya know.-50 celc. with the wind chill...that means any exposed skin can freeze in less than a minute....but it's all good eh?