Sunday, January 06, 2008

Frozen Dreams

It seems that winter has taken a vacation, at least from Kansas City. Yesterday it was close to 60 and today it will be in the high 50s. All day long it seemed like spring and I just didn't like it. I want winter to return!!! The snow that has been on the ground since the beginning of December is all but gone. I am not ready for spring. I read a blog from a couple that had a dream of moving to Dawson (not sure where it is, but I think it's somewhere in Canada????) and build a small house. I stole this picture from their blog of their oh so cute house:

Yes, this would be my dream house as well. I would move here in a heartbeat. I love how there are no cars in front of the house just a bike and a snowmobile. Yes I may be a little crazy, but this would indeed be my dream house. I've already decided that since moving North is one of my dreams that I've had for most of my life, I am going to work hard at making that dream come true. It will mean taking care of things here in KC and then start the process of moving. Maybe when I am ready to move I will have found someone I can share my life with that also loves snow/winter as much as I do.

So last night I had a dream that I was pregnant. It was such a real dream and I loved the feeling of being pregnant. I have always wanted kids, but I think in the last 4 years I felt like I had to give up that dream. This dream really has me thinking about what I want. All I know is I was so excited in this dream and I felt really good.

So, I guess what I need to do is find someone that I am totally in love with (who is also in love with me) who would love to move up to a frozen tundra and possibly raise a family with me.

9 comments:

Lynilu said...

Being pregnant in your dream is probably an indicator that you expect good things in the coming year.

:D Good!!

Anonymous said...

Caroline, nice dream. Might be a sign of good things ahead. Dawson Creek is in northern British Columbia. It is also mile zero of the Alaskan Highway. I have been there several times as my youngest daughter lives there. Dawson City is even farther north in the Yukon.

They are brave people lol But the "house" looks very quaint lol

BTW Both Dawsons were discovered and incorporated by a man by the name of George Dawson who moved there from Nova Scotia, (the east coast of Canada) So there you go, a little bit of Canadian geography and history.

Ruth in Canada

Julie said...

Brrrrrrr.

Sonya said...

LOL... maybe move and *then* find the woman of your dreams. :)

Good things are ahead of you, they really are.

Anonymous said...

Oooorrrrrrrrr...you could follow your dream of moving north on your own, having a baby and trusting that if you are meant to find a significant other, you will when the time is right. Options, dearie, options.

yankeegirl said...

I'm with Julie- Brrrrr! I would take the warm weather and beach year round!

Bella said...

I would vote for beaches and no snow, but that's just me ;)

I hope you are able to move somewhere nice and snowy.

Minnesota Nice said...

I looked it up in my dream book:

To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it. This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal.

Funny how we all have such different ideas of a dream house, huh? I would most definitely NOT like your dream cabin in the Arctic. I bet there isn't a SuperTarget for MILES!!

Monogram Queen said...

I hope your dreams all come true!
It is going to be in the 70's here today & tomorrow at least. Crazy Crazy Crazy weather. I've got to go in search of some snow/cold soon.