Sunday, January 06, 2008

Me

I have been going through my old pictures and adding them to my Flickr account. These are some of my favorite. I have about 50o to scan and add to Flickr, so it's going to take a while to get them all uploaded. I do find it amazing that my Mother let me take so many of these pictures when I moved out. I am thankful to have so many pictures from my childhood.

I love this shot. You can see that I have already lost one front tooth and I guess I am trying to get the other one out as well.
I am sitting on a fire truck in this picture. I used to hate this picture, but now it's one of my favorites. I love how my hair is in braids. And don't you just love my outfit? So 70's.
My parents had a cabin at a lake. Our cabin had no heat, no a/c and it was literally on the water. They would go out a couple times during the winter to check on things and I used to always love to go and ice skate. The lake always seemed so small when it was frozen.
Snow, cold and winter= Happy CarolineAs you would have guessed, I loved visiting my Grandma (who lived in Northern MN) during the winter. I remember when this picture was taken. My Dad and I were using our snowshoes and were just walking all over. See how happy I am?
Here's a picture of my brother and I. Here I am checking out my belly.

And here is proof that I also love the beach and sun. (just not year round).

After looking at these pictures it's so obvious that I am happiest when I am around snow. Yea, I think it's time to start looking at moving again.

5 comments:

Lynilu said...

Hey, it's snowing here today! Wanna come live here????

Cute pix!!

Have a good week!

A social worker in the making. said...

buffalo ny or inland from lake erie you will curse that evil lake although it is almost 60 today

Kim said...

Wow, what great pictures! Did you crop and Photoshop those, or were your parents just very good photographers?

My sisters both had outfits almost identical to the one you're wearing in the second picture, and I think my middle sister had the exact same shirt you're wearing in the "belly" picture. How bizarre! I felt like I was looking though our own family photo album. I'm so glad you have these treasures.

Holly said...

Look at you! So adorable! What a cute kid!

It's warm here too. Weird since it was 3 degrees last week.

Sorry I've been a bad commenter lately. I've been "off the wagon" in reading for a little while. Miss you - and I'm getting caught up!

Monogram Queen said...

Move to Minni Apple, then I can visit you,Cheeky,Katie,Sandra,Jenn & the Flip Flop Queen all in one fell swoop!