Thursday, December 06, 2007

Update on Ben & SNOW!!!

I am finally getting my wish. It started snowing around 10am and we are expected to get about 3 inches. I am thrilled!!! I can't wait to get home and start taking pictures with something other then my camera phone.

The vet called about Ben and I think it's good news. I think. He said he does not have a bladder infection and his urine looked just fine. So that means it's a behavioral problem. I have no idea what is going on with him and why he would start this all of a sudden. I think I am going to take the comforter to the dry cleaners to have it cleaned. I always have a towel on the pillows next to me for Ben to lay on and I just put a new one on there and then he started this. So, that may be what is going on. He must be picking up a scent from that towel.

Man, I think I could live in a nursing home. I need someone to come in and help take care of me. With everything that has been thrown my way lately I am just exhausted; both mentally and physically. But somehow I keep getting up in the morning and putting on my big girl panties and facing the world head on.

I have a date with R tomorrow night. We are going to dinner and then driving through a local park that puts out thousands of lights and different animated figures for Christmas. It should be beautiful with all the snow that is falling. I can't wait. Oh, and tomorrow is our company holiday party. It's great because it's from 12:30pm-4:30pm. So that means half a day off. WooHoo!!

6 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

Oh I am so envious of you going to look at Christmas lights in the snow. It's the "little things" Caroline! :)
Glad Ben is okay. Our Spooky pees in the house and I hardly ever let him in by himself because of it. Arck.

Luna said...

Ben maybe acting out because Brady is gone and he has figured out that he is not coming back.

Enjoy the snow! So jealous here!

Bella said...

Enjoy your snow.

yankeegirl said...

Im glad you got your wish- you can still have all my snow.
Have fun tomorrow night :)

Julie said...

See, after growing up in Minnesota, I look at that picture and all I think is "whos going to brush all that crap off of my car?"
Apparently the south is for lazy people.

Lynilu said...

A suggestion for dealing with the residual smell of cat urine: at a pet supply store you can find "Nature's Miracle," the greatest stuff since sliced bread, IMO. I use it to clean up after "accidents" or after one of them throws up. Actually, I use it to clean almost any spill on the carpet. It *removes* odor. A friend's dogs had an encounter with a skunk, and after using all the remedies the could find, there was still a strong smell. They took my gallon bottle, doused the dogs, and voila! It was completely gone!

Gee, I sound like a commercial, don't I? And I'm not getting paid!!

I'm glad Ben isn't physically sick, although that would be easier to treat. When you think of what he has been through with the moves, losing Astro and Brady, and even Laura, it is not surprising. He probably picks on on your tension, too. Since he is still half-feral and reclusive, he is already vulnerable, too. I hope he settles down and straightens out. I wonder, is there a kitty tranquilizer that might calm him for a few days?

I hope your date is a lot of fun. I wanna go to the lights with you!!! I used to love that park. Didn't you go out there with us one year?