Saturday, December 29, 2007

Progress Made

Well, so much for my vacation. My new weekend supervisor was admitted to the hospital for pneumonia and I have to go in for a couple hours tonight. I hate that she is so sick, but I also hate the fact that I have to go in tonight. **Update** I called one of my overnight techs and she is going to work this evening instead of overnight. Whew...my vacation has been saved.

About an hour ago R sent me a txt message wishing me a merry Christmas. She then asked if she could call me. I really didn't want to talk to her, but I was curious as to what she wanted to say to me. It was the same crap as before saying she was sorry...blah, blah, blah. Then in the middle of the conversation she asked if she could call me back. I am so proud of myself because I told her no she could not call me again. I told her that I deserved to be treated better and that I was not going to put up with anymore of her drama. She was upset and hung up on me.

Just this morning I was wondering what kind of progress I have made this year in regards to how I feel about myself. For ten months I have been needing to realize that it's better to be single then to be with someone that treats me badly. For the first time in ten months I am single and not at all lonely.

OK, I gotta go take a shower so I can go into work.

9 comments:

Annie Z said...

Wow Caroline, thats fantastic progress! I know how hard it is to do that. You have every reason to be so proud of yourself! It takes courage and self-determination.
Annie
xxx

Luna said...

So proud of you!! Awesome that you stood up for yourself with R! Yea you!!!

yankeegirl said...

Yay Caroline! Good job!

Audra said...

Wow Caroline- that really is something that really took some guts to do. I am so nice, I don't know if I could have done that.

Sphincter said...

Go, You! Even though I am a newcomer to your blog, I know that setting that boundary can be tough stuff. Congrats!

Jen said...

"For ten months I have been needing to realize that it's better to be single then to be with someone that treats me badly. For the first time in ten months I am single and not at all lonely.

I am so glad you discovered this! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay Caroline! I'm proud of you. What a huge step. Good work my friend.

Julie said...

Yay!!!

Monogram Queen said...

Good for you Caroline! That was a very smart thing you did.