Friday, December 28, 2007

Ahhhhh

I have never known a time when I have needed a vacation like I do right now. I have had days off here and there, but it was usually because I was moving. So, this is my first true vacation all year. And the great thing is, I don't have anything planned. I have a gift certificate to my favorite Mexican restaurant and I think that will be the perfect New Years Eve dinner.

This morning I met with my weekend tech supervisor. She has worked a couple weekends now and I was just following up with how things are going. She gave me a whole list of complaints the techs had. My favorite complaint was that they didn't get a Christmas card from me. It doesn't matter that I spent 3 hours last weekend making homemade sugar cookies with frosting and sprinkles, they just really wanted a card from me. So, since my boss did not give me a Christmas card maybe I should go to the President of our agency and say something. Yea, I bet that would go over well.

I then had my managers meeting. I used to hate meetings (well, some I still hate), but I love my managers meeting every Friday. Today we spent 45 minutes taking care of business and then the last hour we talked about all the crazy fads we have survived. Next week our project for the meeting is finding the most embarrassing picture from when we were teenagers. I think the one that I am going to use is the one where I am wearing my stirrup pants, long sweater and Converse shoes. Oh, and really puffy hair.

I hope each of you have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Lynilu said...

And you'll post that picture here, too, right?

:D