Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year Same Stuff

Well, today was not the way I thought 2007 would end. And I thought things couldn't get any worse? I was wrong.

I spent 4 hours at the dentist today and still have a bunch of work that needs to be done, including a root canal. My mouth is so sore tonight and I think it's because it took 7 shots to get my mouth numb enough for them to work on it.

While at the dentist office my phone rang probably 10 times. There were calls from my boss, my techs and Laura. My boss was calling because one of our vans was stolen over the weekend and we are trying to figure out who drove it last. Some of my techs were calling because they weren't sure what tomorrow's schedule is.

Then there were the calls from Laura. I am still trying to process what she said to me in her 4 voice mails, but let's just say they were not the most pleasant. In fact, I think only my parents have said things that were as hateful and cruel as what Laura said to me. Before Laura left those messages I told her that I never wanted to speak to her again. She has screwed me again and this time it will cost me almost everything I have. I won't put all the blame on her, but a good portion is her fault. I don't know how she sleeps at night.

So in less then 7 hours a new year will be here. I wish I could say I was excited about it, but right now it just looks like a new year with the same old stuff. Maybe a miracle will happen and I will wake up tomorrow and everything will be OK.

9 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so sorry.

2007 has been mostly crap for you. Tomorrow is the beginning of everything getting better; of putting it all behind you.

Anonymous said...

jesus...get an attorney...pronto...happy new year.

yankeegirl said...

ditto traci- get an attorney !
(((hugs)))

Caroline said...

I have already talked with an attorney and because the laws do not protect gays, I am screwed. Because we were not allowed by law to get married, all accounts that we opened together..she can just walk away from everything (and not help at all) and not worry about it. i can't take her to court because i don't have a contract with laura; the contracts are with the lender. it all sucks big time. i mean, laura sucks big time.

Caroline said...

let me make a correction: her credit is affected when i don't pay, but she doesn't really need to worry about a house right now. she has landed herself one big fat bank account and she seems to think that think that all these problems are just that...my problem.

Anonymous said...

Well, I believe that if laura's name is on the accounts, that she is responsible for part of the accounts. She may choose to walk away from that responsibility but if you work with your creditors, it's possible to figure something out. I know this is stressful to the max but there is more than one way to skin a cat you know. There is help for you out there. Do not give up.

Anonymous said...

Take her to small claims or something. Yes it's a pain but it'll be worth it to have that judgement against her. If you have a judgement, it is possible to garnish wages etc. Get a second opinion...it's worth it to find out all your options.

Monogram Queen said...

Keep hoping for a miracle, what have you got to lose?
I am so hoping 2008 will be a much better year!
Laura is showing her true colors and remember the shit storm... remember the shit storm...

Luna said...

HUGS

I am so sorry that Laura continues to make your life hell. If you haven't done it maybe you should look into closing accounts (or emptying them yourself) and opening ones in just your name at possibly a different bank.

Anything you have with major creditors see if you can refinance or what you need to do to get her name off.

It would be nice if Laura could just move on and leave you alone so your life could improve.

I agree with others in that you should take her to small claims court. Worse thing that could happen would be that you would still be in the same hole you are now.

Here's a resolution for you! I hope 2008 is the year you get Laura out of your life (and pocket book) for good!!
Sending you much love!