Monday, December 10, 2007

All Ready!~Updated

Tonight we are suppose to have a major ice storm. They are calling for at least 1/2 inch up to an inch of ice tonight and tomorrow. I ran out to the store tonight to pick up some more candles. My flashlights are all ready and I have found my hat and gloves. They are saying that there is a real good chance that we could lose power. Looks like tomorrow was a great day for me to take off.
In my sadness today I made myself some sugar cookies. Nothing better then a sugar cookie w/ frosting to make the world seem a little better. I also went out and got some BBQ. I guess today is a day of comfort food and that's OK.

I went by work for a few minutes to pick the pile of applications I have. I need to start calling and setting up interviews to get these positions filled. I decided to take Sophie with me and everyone at work loved her. She was a bit nervous, but was a huge hit with my co-workers. My boss gave me some more information about the tech I had to fire on Friday and I know I made the right decision.

I have not heard from R. I called and left her a message saying that if she had changed her mind then she should have just told me. I am OK with it because it's apparent now she was not meant for me. I was telling Lynilu that the next person must be really special because I have gone through a lot of crud to get to her. Somehow I know she will be worth the wait.

If my blog is quiet for a while it's because we have no power. If you are curious as to what the weather is doing here you can scroll down to the bottom of my left sidebar.

Be safe everyone.

*Update: Tuesday 9:30am*
I still have power!!! Yay! Right now we are just getting rain, but sometime this afternoon the temperature will drop below freezing again. Boy am I glad that I get to stay home today. Right now the roads are not that bad, but they are saying it will get really bad when the temps drop again.

11 comments:

yankeegirl said...

Be safe Caroline- my comfort food choices are chocolate chip coookie dough, macaroni and cheese and anything italian. I like the icing on the sugar cookies though- good choice!

Lynilu said...

Be sure to put up a post to let us know when you lose power.

BWA ha ha ha ha!!!

Oh, sorry! I just lost my head for a moment there. Whew.

I hope you got out all the extra blankets and comforters, too. I remember how cold those power outages can be. Burrrrrr. Stay warm, and I'll put out a couple prayers for power "on-ages" for your zip code.

Enjoy your comfort food! :)

Bella said...

Looks like you're all ready for the loss of power.

Comfort food rocks.

Julie said...

It's 5 am and 54 degrees here, so I'm having a very hard time picturing ice. Stay warm!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I am all about the comfort food honey! Glad you are prepared for the storm. Hopefully you will not lose power. Be Safe.

Kerry said...

Glad no ice yet! It's much warmer here in TX and I gotta admit I don't miss this kind of weather in the winter. Keep warm and we'll be praying the lights stay on prayer.

Monogram Queen said...

So glad you are home safe with BBQ and sugar cookies! I am finally in your shoes and sad today, not a good feeling. Thanks for the kind comforting words about my little Holly bug.

Minnesota Nice said...

I LOVE what you said about the next person being great because of all the crap you went through to get to her, LOVE it!! This is exactly how I feel about my beautiful wonderful new man, I was ready for him a year ago but I guess it wasn't quite time yet so I was spinning my wheels with the wrong person. But I didn't know this of course, how could I. Your attitude is right on - and I believe this is coming to you soon.

Those cookies and a good night of tv sounds like a pretty peaceful and wonderful evening. Light some candles whether the power goes out or not. And give that adorable Sophie-dog a kiss for me :)

Kim said...

It reminds me of one of my favorite songs, from Hope Floats. I almost played it my the wedding reception, but the DJ didn't have it. Do you mind if I post it?

To Get me to You
Lila McCann


Well I still can remember times
when the nights seemed to surround me.
I was sure the sun would never shine..
on me.
And I...thought it my destiny to walk this world alone,
but now you're here with me...now you're here with me.

Chorus:
And I don't regret the rain
or the nights I felt the pain.
Or the tears I had to cry some of those,
times along the way.
Every road I had to take..
every time my heart would break.
It was just something that I had to get through..
To get me to you

Well I still can recall the days when I had no love
around me.
Makes me glad for every day I have with you.
And I... look in your eyes and know,
I'm right where I belong ...
and I belong with you, always belong with you.

Chorus
And I don't regret the rain
or the nights I felt the pain.
Or the tears I had to cry some of those,
times along the way.
Every road I had to take..
every time my heart would break.
It was just something that I had to get through..
To get me to you

And if I could I wouldn't change a thing...
(wouldn't change a thing baby)
Because your love was waiting there for me.
(Waiting there for me baby)

Chorus
And I don't regret the rain
or the nights I felt the pain.
Or the tears I had to cry some of those,
times along the way.
Every road I had to take..
every time my heart would break.
It was just something that I had to get through..
To get me to you...to get me to you..to get me to you...


Hope you're safe and snuggly right now. Drink lots of hot chocolate and watch lost of Christmas movies. :)

SassyFemme said...

Hoping that you keep your heat and power!

Jay said...

locked in the house with a bunch of cookies? sounds like a dream come true!

all you need now is some blankets and some good movies!