Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It's Wednesday, right?

It seems like it has been forever since I have blogged. I am thinking that maybe I have a slight problem since I think it's been forever and it's only been 2 days. If I was going to have a problem with something I am glad it's blogging and not something else. :)

Well, the ice storm has come and gone and left a beautiful sight indeed. I never lost power (yay!) and most of my techs came into work (double yay!). I spent Monday and Tuesday doing nothing. I watched Little House on the Prairie and just spent a lot of time looking out the back door at the beauty that was left after the storm. I took a long nap yesterday which ended up being a good thing. I got a call around 5pm that my one tech that was suppose to come in at midnight was having chest pains and would not be in. I put in several calls to see if someone could cover the shift, but no one could. My only choice was for me to go in. I was really angry when I realized I had to go in, but once I got to work I was more then OK. I love my job and I love the reason I go to work everyday. I do things the way they are suppose to be done and I know the clients really appreciate that. I had their morning coffee made by 5:45am and breakfast all ready by 6am. They were telling me that usually it's at least 7am before the breakfast is ready, which only leaves them 45 minutes to eat before heading to the main building. I know it helped the clients when they woke up to the smell of coffee. I stopped by the main building this morning and I could tell I have been missed. One of my favorite co-workers emailed me and said "Work is so boring when you are not here". I know I complain about my work sometimes, but I really do love my job and the people I work with. I think I am going to make another batch of cookies for our managers meeting on Friday to show them how much I appreciate them.

My boss told me that I am not to come in tomorrow. When I told her I wasn't sure she looked at me like I will write you up if you come in tomorrow. Part of me feels guilty for not going in, but I do know I have put in enough time this week to take tomorrow off with time left over.

So here I sit at 10:00am on Wednesday (I think it's Wednesday, my days are all messed up) feeling really good and kind of wired. I know my body is tired and I know the minute my head hits the pillow I will be out, but right now I am just going to enjoy an episode of Will & Grace (I forgot how funny this show is). I wish I could take this positive attitude I have about work and put it into my personal life. I am literally up and down in regards to finding someone. I know it will happen and I just need to learn to be more patient.

OK, I am going to get something to eat and then head to bed. Goodnight Y'all.

8 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

It's great that you love your job so much and hey, it's okay to get frustrated with it or the peeps you work with also. Hugs Caroline and rest well my friend.

Lynilu said...

I think, m'dear, that you are so blinkin' tired that your head is on "zone" functioning!! I'm not at all surprised that you don't know the day of the week, girl!!

Get some rest, take tomorrow off without a second thought, and we'll hear from you when you're "alive" again!!

Hugs!!

Bella said...

Sounds like you have an awesome boss. I'm sure your clients appreciated the early breakfast and the coffee.

One Messed Up Chick said...

sleep all you can!! We wont bother you. Just come back when you are awake, Its a good day to sleep.
hugs to you, thinking of you!

amy h said...

I'm glad to hear you have power! So do we. So now we can just look at the ice from inside, nice and warm.

It's great to have a job that you are good at. I kind of miss that about my job. With parenting, I sometimes can't tell if I'm doing it right. :)

yankeegirl said...

Yay! you had power the whole time! That's great. I'm glad you're enjoying work. Enjoy your day off, you earned it!

SassyFemme said...

It's so wonderful that you're doing so fabulous at work. It sounds like it's a perfect fit for you.

Jen said...

So R totally blew you off??!? What the heck! That's ridiculous. You need to take at least the rest of 2007 to just enjoy everything about YOU. What YOU like, who YOU are, without thinking about anyone else. Because you are attracting these people who are treating you badly, and that means you must not be feeling good about yourself. You are great! You have a lot to offer! Don't let the church nightmare and your parents' mistakes and Laura's idiocy make you doubt that you are a worthwhile person. Seriously. I have been where you are now and I wish I could go back in time and give myself a pep talk. You are already in such a better place now than you were last year. I know it doesn't feel like it, but last year you were spending Christmas with an unfaithful liar. YOu didn't deserve that! Even if you spend Christmas day alone you'll be in better company than you were last year. 2008 is going to be THE YEAR for you!

That's my pep talk, I'll stop now lest you get to feeling queasy... ;)

Have a great day off!