Monday, December 03, 2007

80's & 90's TV

One of my new favorite shows is Brothers & Sisters. Well, last night I was thrilled to see Ken Olin on the show. It brought me back to the early 90s when thirtysomething was on. When I was in high school this show was must see tv. I was able to watch it for several more years when Lifetime showed reruns. I wish someone would start showing reruns again. I have looked at buying the complete set of all the shows, but it's something like $300. Not ready to spend that yet.

For some reason I have been watching a lot of the shows from the 90s lately. Remember the show Coach? I remember watching it every Monday night with my parents when I was in high school. I think part of the reason I loved this show was because the setting was Minnesota. Yea, my love of Minnesota goes way back.

What reruns from the 80s and 90s do you enjoy watching?

10 comments:

Audra said...

For me? I was still pretty young. But I loved the Care Bears, full house, Rescue 911, Unsolved Mysteries and lots more that I can't think of.

A social worker in the making. said...

does 7th heaven count

Anonymous said...

I loved Full House, Home Improvement (still get it in reruns) and I go even further back, Dr Kildaire, My Three Sons, Father Knows Best - Caroline these were probably long before you were born.....no sex, bad language, drugs,...some would call them mighty boring LOL but the kind of shows you could sit and watch with your grandmother LOL

Ruth in Canada

Bella said...

I liked Coach, but I'm sure it was re-runs by the time I saw it.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Yeah I liked Coach but never in a million years did I think I would be living in Minnesota - but I am

Worm1962 said...

How about Family with "Buddy"? Kristy McNichol was the bomb :-)

Lynilu said...

I was going to say I didn't remember any shows from the 90s that I liked and watched other than Home Improvement, then I read the comment from worm1962. Family was definitely the bomb, not just Kristy! I absolutely loved that show and I hated when it was canceled. It had such good messages for life.

And I agree with Ruth. I enjoyed TV more when the content was less over the line. I'm not a prude about language or sex or much else, but enough is enough. I think that is why I don't watch much TV these days. blech.

And look at Katie's comment. What a youngster she is!! OMG!! LOL!!

Shannon said...

The Facts of Life is my all-time favourite! I love watching most old shows in re-runs, though. I like The Cosby Show, Family Ties, etc.

One Messed Up Chick said...

family ties, full house, gimme me a break. I dont remember them all now but i know that i use to watch alot of tv in the 80's.

Monogram Queen said...

I love 90210 *hangs head in shame*