Tuesday, December 04, 2007

27 Days and Counting

So I have been talking to someone new. Last night was the first time I had talked with her on the phone and I swear she is Syd's twin. Some of the things she was talking about I swear I had read on Syd's blog at some point. This woman had me laughing for 2+ hours. It's been a very long time since I have laughed this much. Even when I was with MG I didn't laugh that much. MG was a very (very, very, very) serious person and it was not often when we would just sit and talk and laugh. Laughter is a very good thing and I think it's important for any relationship. Life is too short to be so serious all the time.

I have been busy at work today, but I did managed to text message this person (I need to come up with a nickname) for most of the day. Even her text messages had me laughing my ass off.

Today my boss and I went out to lunch. Have I told you how awesome my boss is lately? In just the seven months that I have been here I have learned so much. It seems that everyone has been asking how I like my job lately. The people that were in my position before me usually lasted about six months, so I think everyone is curious if I am going to stick around. This job has been one of the biggest challenges of my life, but I have enjoyed every minute (well, almost every) of it.

Just 27 days left in 2007 and I can feel the positive energy coming from the new year already. You bet I am going to have one hell of a New Years Eve Party. I don't think I have ever been so happy to see a new year come around.

But for now: Life is good today.

6 comments:

SassyFemme said...

Syd's twin? Uh oh, look out! LOL
Glad you met someone that makes you laugh.

Just as a side point, since it sounds like someone you met online, maybe check Syd's archives or talk to Syd, make sure this person really isn't spitting out stuff she might have read there. You never know... Better safe than sorry.

Bella said...

Glad you had a good day. Those are nice.

Trop said...

Why don't you just call this person "Syd."

Syd said...

Sassy and Trop can just get off her back right now. Some women like dumbasses. (thank God) :P

Lynilu said...

I'm glad your day was better! And I'm glad you are laughing with someone! Life is good, indeed!! :)(:

Caroline said...

sassy--i think when i was saying that she said things i had heard on syds blog i was referring to the way she talks and how she describes things...it seems to be just like syd

katie--yes good days are always nice. it would be even better if it had snowed...i know, i will shut up now

trop--good suggestion, but i wouldn't want syd to think i was talking about her all the time. :)

syd--i wouldn't say dumbass, but maybe smartass.

lynilu--someone tried to ruin my day, but luckily i didn't let that happen. (i'll call you and tell you about it...)