Monday, November 05, 2007

Still Missing Brady

Sleeping at night is just not the same without Brady around. I had no idea how much he actually slept with me at night. Now I start the night out with Bonk and Ben, but usually when I wake up they are no where in sight. Brady used to always be right there when I feel asleep and was always there when I woke up. God I miss that orange fur ball.

Today at work everyone was asking how Friday went so I had to relive the whole experience again today. Thankfully I did not start crying when I was telling my coworkers about it. I had not told my boss about it on Friday because I just couldn't talk about Brady without crying. I guess she heard about it and came to my office first thing this morning to ask how I was doing. She did tell me that there must be something really good for me next year since this year has been hell. I am hoping so.

A week from Friday my boss is moving to a new house and I asked what she was going to do with her dog while she moved. Well, by the end of the conversation I offered to watch her dog for two days. I am excited about this because it will give Sophie someone her own size to play with. I have yet to tell Sophie that she will be having a sleepover with Sadie in a few weeks. I think it will be fun and I can't wait to take pictures of Sophie and Sadie playing.

Tonight I am going to a friends house for dinner. Hey, last night I made chicken and dumplings in my crock pot and it turned out great. It was so good that I brought leftovers (which I hate) for lunch. Miracles do happen.

6 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Its good that your boss is understanding. MMMmmm chicken and dumplings - yummy!

One Messed Up Chick said...

I remembered to vote for you today :) You will miss Brady for a while but you have all the great times you had with Brady and that will bring you a smile!

Bella said...

Chicken & dumplings sound yummy! I have a crock pot, but I've never even opened the box yet.

Lynilu said...

Sorry you're without your best bedtime snuggler. :( He was so sweet. Chicken & dumplings sounds soo good! It is nippy here in Wichita, so I know it is in KC, too, and what better food is there in this weather? LOL at Katie ... crock pot still in the box!!!

Monogram Queen said...

You are very lucky to have a great boss. Very. Mmm for chicken & dumplings. I hate leftovers too unless they are something I really really really liked for dinner!

Minnesota Nice said...

Do you have an easy recipe? I'm all about the crock pot lately.