Saturday, November 17, 2007

Small Small World

Boy is it a small world.

After MG and I broke up I waited a week or so and put my profile back up on the website where we had met. I didn't pay for a membership again, just one of the free accounts. Earlier this week I got an email from a woman that I had been emailing back in August. In this email she gave me her phone number and said we should get together for coffee.

So I called her today. She is also a social worker and of course we had a lot in common. After about 10 minutes she asked where I got my bachelors degree. After I told her she said, "do you realize I was your supervisor at your practicum that year (1998)?" I was shocked. I immediately knew who she was. She was only my supervisor for two months because she then left the agency and I never heard from her again, well, until this year.

Want to hear something ever crazier? Two months ago when MG and I were driving around up north I saw E and knew who she was, but couldn't remember her name. I had no idea at the time that the person that I had exchanged a few emails with was my former supervisor. I think I am still in shock.

So, Monday night E and I are meeting for dinner. I am looking forward to it.

You want to hear something funny? When she was my supervisor I thought she was a bitch. I think the one that was a bitch back then was not her, but me. (Remember I was a married Jehovah's Witness robot back then)

P.S. Be sure to check out my post below to see pictures of Sadie.

7 comments:

Audra said...

Wow! what a twist of fate!

yankeegirl said...

Wow- Small world!

Monogram Queen said...

It IS a small world. Never fails to amaze me sometimes. I admire your right-back-at-em' attitude Caroline. Alot of people would be very gun-shy. I wish you the best!

Anonymous said...

That is wild! Wendy used to work at the same Walmart I went to when we both lived in VA.I never met her even though I know I was in the department she worked in all the time. We were both still married at the time and we didn't meet until 8 years later at a Christmas party in 1999.

Lynilu said...

Boy, isn't life interesting!? It will be hard waiting until Monday to see what happens!! Good luck!!

Bella said...

That's wild!

Have fun.

Caroline said...

audra--i thought so as well. it's weird becuase through the years i had often thought of E and wondered where she was...i guess now i know

yankeegirl--the social work field in KC is sooo small. everyone knows everyone. if you mess up in your work you can consider yourself done.

patti--i decided that i am not going to "look" for anyone and just see what happens. i could never give up on love

anonymous--wow, what a great story.

lynilu--the fact that i know E makes it easier getting together on monday. will post as soon as i get a chance

katie--i am sure it will be a great time.