Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sadie

Here is a picture of Sadie. Isn't she a doll? Well, it's been an interesting 20 hours. Sadie definitely loves to cuddle and has been following me around everywhere. I can't even go to the bathroom without her right there. I think it's so cute that she is following me around. Before M brought Sadie over last night they had spent a couple hours at the new house, so by 6pm last night Sadie was sound asleep on the couch right next to me. I really think if she could get into my lap she would. I don't think she realizes how big she is.
When we went to bed last night Sadie jumped up on the bed and laid down next to me. She laid down with her head on the pillows and had her nose right next to my face. At 3am Sadie woke me up to go outside. Of course once Sadie was up, Sophie suddenly needed to go outside as well. When we got back into bed Sadie left me no room on my side of the bed. At one point she even kicked me. At 5am Sadie woke me up again. M had warned me that she will get up around 5:30am to eat, so I was expecting this. About 30 minutes later we were back in bed. At 7:30am Sadie woke me up again. I decided this time to just get up for the day. I feel like I am taking care of a newborn with her getting me up every 2 hours.

We've spent the morning mowing the yard and putting up some of the outdoor decorations. I didn't get all the decorations up because about half way through I started getting frustrated with the lights being in knots. And suddenly the lights being in knots was all Laura's fault, etc. So I decided that I can take my time putting out the decorations. There are a lot of memories associated with my Christmas decorations and most include Laura.

Hope everyone has a great Saturday.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caroline, maybe time to start gradually replacing your ornaments and making new memories. You don't have to do it all at once, just dont use them all this year.

Just a suggestion.

Glad your boarder has settled in, she must like the company and the attention.

Ruth in Ottawa

yankeegirl said...

Caroline-Sadie is so adorable!

SassyFemme said...

What a beautiful dog! I wish Molly could cuddle up on the bed with me, Fran won't let her.

BTW, maybe you can find some really cheap lights to replace the ones in knots. Maybe a dollar store has some?

Monogram Queen said...

Sadie is gorgeous. Is she grey?
Stacy was cussing doing the lights at his Mamma's when I talked to him LOL
This will probably be a tough Christmas because of Laura leaving but you'll get by with a little help from your friends :)

Lynilu said...

It would be impossible to not love that face!! Even after her kicking you out of bed!!

Caroline! I have an idea! When I get home, I'm going to be doing the Christmas sorting, and I will need to get rid of a lot of decorations, and probably even a tree!! Do ya see where I'm going here? Uh-huh! Shipping the tree might be more expensive that I can do right now, but if you can be patient, perhaps we can arrange to get it to you in plenty of time for next year!! Wanna???

Bella said...

Sounds like a busy weekend.

I would buy new, but that's just me.

Annie Z said...

Ah yes, it sounds like one of my nights with my angel cats. I usually get woken up once or twice throughout the night. Raph sleeps curled up next to me (preferably under my arm, he says)and I always have to turn over very carefully!
Sadie is gorgeous!
Annie
xxx