Saturday, November 17, 2007

7 Things

I was tagged by Julie and Kim. Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person’s blog who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. List seven random and/or weird facts about yourself
4. Tag seven random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
5. Let each person know that they have been tagged by posting a comment on their blog.

So, here are 7 facts about me that you may or may not know:

1. I don't know if I will have ever kids, but in case I do I already have their names picked out. Boys: Henry or Miles Girls: Brooklyn or Alison

2. I sucked my thumb until I was 13. My parents used to try all kind of things to get me to stop, but it never affected me. I have a permanent callus on my right thumb because of the years of thumb sucking.

3. This should have been the first sign that I was gay: When I was 14 or 15 we were sitting in church and they were talking about Jesus and how he never married. I turned to my Mom and asked her if maybe Jesus was gay since he never got married. I thought my Mom was going to have a heart attack . She was so disgusted with my question that all she did was give me a dirty look and then looked away.

4. When I was in the 5th grade I wore an Adidas shirt to school. A kid came up to me and said, "Do you know what Adidas stands for?" He then told me it stood for "all day I dream about sex". To this day I have never (and will never) wear anything with Adidas on it.

5. I have this fantasy of moving away from the city, building a house in Northern Minnesota and just living off the land. Of course I would need cable and Internet, but other then that I would live off the land. :)

6. When my parents named me they had no idea what my birth moms name was. Turns out, my birth mom and I have the same middle name and spelled the same way.

7. I believe in past lives. I believe that we come back each time to learn something we didn't learn the first time. For instance: I truly believe that when my Mom comes back in another life she will be a lesbian and will understand how hard it has been for me.

I tag:

Casey
Lynilu
B
Sassy
Patti
Katie
Cheeky

7 comments:

Casey said...

Thanks for the tag - I promise I will do it but probably not until tomorrow.

It's always fun to learn more about you. :)

Annie Z said...

A great list! Even more we have in common!

I sucked my thumb until I was about 9. The dentist eventually got me to stop because I was changing the shape of the roof of my mouth.

I also believe in past lives. I like the idea of your Mum coming back as a lesbian! I often think if being gay was a choice, I would choose it. Dealing with men - uggghhh!

I have the same fantasy about living in the country. It is a huge dream of mine.

Love your Jesus story - that was great!

I don't know if I will have kids either. I turn 40 next year and there is not even sign of a relationship. My biological clock will explode soon!!

Annie
xxx

Zoe said...

Funny, for the same reason I love to wear ADIDAS shirts.

Bella said...

I could never live off the land. I am not a hardy or handy type person.

Julie said...

I like the idea of living off the land too, but probably not in MN. I'd have too hard of a time going outside to get food in the winter.
LOVE the Jesus question.

Caroline said...

Casey--looking forward to reading your list

Annie--would you believe i have never had any problems with my teeth from the thumb sucking. my parents used to tell me that if i didn't stop i would have buck teeth. even that threat didn't work.

zoe--lol

katie--i'm not a real handy person either...i think that is why that dream is just a fantasy

julie--how can you not love snow? if it were up to me i would live somewhere that had snow all year.

Monogram Queen said...

I have been tagged by you and Casey for the same thing and will do it tomorrow.