Tuesday, November 13, 2007

She's OK, I'm OK


This isn't the best picture of Bonk, but we were both under stress when I took it. The good news is the vet is 90% sure it's just skin allergies. She did take some blood and urine to test her Thyroid and kidney function. We should have the results back tomorrow. Bonk got a shot to help with the itching, so hopefully she will start to feel better soon. The vet did say that for Bonks age she was looking really good. It had been a year since she had been to the vet and Bonk did loose about 3 pounds, but the vet said that was very typical in older cats.

Before I left work I had a mini meltdown. I got a call from a creditor and the lady was so freakin rude to me. I told her I could afford a certain amount a month (which I really can't) and she would only accept double the amount. I explained to her my situation and she really didn't care. I told her at this point it would be easier if I died and my life insurance paid everything. Her response was, "unless you are planning on dying in the next few minutes that won't work." Bitch. I understand it's her job, but I was trying to work with them and it wasn't good enough. After I got off the phone with this person I just lost it. Lost it. I called in my one my favorite co-workers and she gave me some good ideas as to what to do. I think my only choice at this point since I am getting very little help from Laura is to call a credit counseling agency. I know it will hurt my credit in the short term, but I really don't have a choice.

On the way home from the vet I called the bank that is financing my car. In May I was able to get my payment deferred and they said that I am eligible for another deferment. I just need to call the day after my payment is due and hopefully get it set up. I think with all the vet bills I have had I should qualify. At least the guy on the phone said I should be able to qualify.

Breathe in, Breathe out....and somehow I keep putting one foot in front of the other. And I thank you all for being there for me. I couldn't get through this without you guys.

P.S. Several of you have encouraged me to add a Paypal icon. Above my profile you will see a link to Paypal. This was hard for me to do, but I know several of you are wanting to help. And for that....I am thankful.

9 comments:

Julie said...

SUCH good news about Bonk!
There is NO shame in seeing a credit counselor. I am an accountant, and we see it everyday - people's circumstances change, the housing market changes, etc. They can deal with the rude people on the phone for you.
Let people help.
Put up a pay pal icon too.

Bella said...

You know my thoughts on this.

Glad things are starting to look a little more up for you.

A social worker in the making. said...

Our yellow cat morris has eaten all of his fur off his backside.I am afraid to take him to the vets cause they will declare me a bad pet owner and put him in foster kitty home. The other two kittys are fine and the dogs are fine.My daughter says its cause hes depressed cause we wont let him have a girlfriend.I tell her then he will just have to get over it cause i refuse to take him to kitty therapy or give him prozac.LOL

Casey said...

Great news on Bonk and good for you for grabbing control and moving forward. Credit counselor is a great idea and hey - just think how much that person must hate herself at the end of her day. Or maybe not - maybe it takes a "special" (read: kind of soul-less) person to be able to have that kind of a job. I couldn't do it. I would want to pay everyone's bills...and heaven knows I can't do that! :)

I think the PP link is good. It can't hurt and it can help.

Lynilu said...

I'm glad to hear about Bonk! Thank goodness!

And the credit counseling ... don't sweat it. I may cramp your spending for a while, but it will not hurt your credit. Don't worry a moment about it. And curses on that stupid woman. What a bad method of collecting accounts. Get to the counseling ASAP before she calls you again. Hugs, dear girl. I know you're trying and your heart is in the right place. :')

I'll hit the PP very soon, OK? Love you!

Anonymous said...

Geez. I wrote a comment that was a bit longer than usual and hit the submit button...the computer went all kinds of wacko and it's gone. Grrr!

I was only suggesting perhaps discussing a chapter 13 bankruptcy with an attorney. It will help pay your bills but keep creditors off your back until they're paid off. My ex husband and I did it a gazillion years ago and it didn't create too many credit issues for us. Just a thought.

I'm thinking of you...and Bonk. Glad she's ok. I think she looks wonderful for her age and your are doing a good job honey. Really.

Kim said...

SO glad that Bonk is okay...and that you're okay. Keep breathing in and out, it will get better.

Trop said...

There is always Chapter 13, and a second job.

Holly said...

I think using a credit counseling agency is a great idea. It's going to be a good choice in the long run. Every single person I know who did it was satisfied. Just make sure you find one that is referred to you from another customer, not just out of the yellow pages.

So glad things look good with Bonk. We're keeping you guys in our thoughts.