Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Results

I just talked with the vet and Bonk has very "boring" lab results. The vet seemed very surprised that at her age everything came back so normal. The only thing she is concerned about it her possible heart murmur that she heard yesterday. But she said overall Bonk is very healthy for a 20 year old cat. I am so relieved. I must be doing something right.

Last night after the vet I ran out to Sonic because they have these new things called "Mac & Cheese Bites". Oh. My. God. They are so good. It's little bites of Mac & Cheese that are fried. Nothing healthy about them, but boy are they good. You really shouldn't try them because they are kind of addictive.

My meeting with my boss and that one tech went really well. My boss is so good at smoothing things over. I apologized to this tech that we got off on the wrong foot and asked if we could start over and start fresh. She agreed. It was odd because during most of the meeting the tech was talking about me like I wasn't sitting 2 feet from her. Oh well..I am just happy that we have come to some truce.

In two days Sophie and I will be hosting Sadie, my boss' dog. Sadie will be with us for a couple days and I have yet to tell Sophie about this. I am pretty sure they will get along and probably be worn out from playing. One of my other boss' got word that I was watching M's dog and asked if I could watch his dog Rusty (I just love the names people give their dogs) over Thanksgiving. I seem to be becoming a great dog watcher.

Speaking of names we give our pets....What are some of the names you have given your pets. A couple crazy ones I have had are:
Fluffbucket
Graffiti
Shaggs

11 comments:

Kim said...

Boring is good! I'm glad to hear that.

Don't try the little fried cheesecake bites at Arbys either, then. ;)

Buff
Lucky
Daisy
Morgan
Bob
Annabelle (and it's a boy, LOL)
Ally
Frisky
Gizmo
Lulu

Mine are not all that exciting, but my sister had a friend with a cat named "Catpuccino" I always thought that was cute. I had another friend with a dog named Nosy Rosy.

Dee said...

Those Mac & Cheese bites are SO good. I almost stopped and picked some up at lunch today but ran out of time. Maybe tonight...

Caroline said...

kim--those are great names, especially annabelle. :) oh, and i have tried the cheesecake bites. they are just as good. i am hoping they will have them this year.

dee--can you guess what i am having for dinner?

A social worker in the making. said...

our animals are tigger=cat morris=cat,henry=cat, pepper= dog and bufford fat lazy beagle

yankeegirl said...

My last dog, a miniature daschund, was "Cheek's Wonderboy Walter" on his papers, but he just went by Walt.
My boys have had hamsters named
Leonardo (after the ninja turtle)
and Rufus (after no one in particular)

Glad Bonk had good test results!

Bella said...

Seriously, I'm telling you, you need to come up for the State Fair some year. Everything's deep fried on a stick.

Cats:
Morris
Muffin
Midnight

Dogs:
Shelby
Zipper (That's what I called him, no idea what the real name was)
Bensen

Holly said...

what happens when you say Fluffbucket 5 times fast?!?! LOL!!
Very cute.
oh. I must try those things. There's not a Sonic anywhere around here though. We get enticed by the commercials, but we can't partake in the yummy goodness!

Glad things are good with Bonk. Boring lab results are very good.

Monogram Queen said...

Oh boy my pet nicknames are too numerous to name LOL
Yippee and Hooray for "boring" results! I'll take it any day!
I tried those mac n' cheese bites and was not impressed. A miracle that I have found a food I actually don't care for. I think it's the coating I don't like.

Lynilu said...

Well, you know most of them, but I guess everyone else doesn't.

Dogs:
Emperor Ali Zan D'Ewok
Princess Ama Wei China Doll
Empress Mai Lin Shu
Doña Niña Prima Donna
Don Amigo Pochito
Mystery
Pandy

Cats:
Tigger
Anna Pavlova
Echo
Sabato
Satin
Prissy
Spats
Fa Ying
Fang

Jenster told me that there is a Sonic where I'm staying tomorrow night (not that there isn't one here, but it's a little late now!) so maybe I'll be able to try those. It sounds weird, but I loved their fried pickles, so....

Man, I hope the "truce" holds. that woman is one piece of work!! Good luck with that!

Anonymous said...

keekoo (kooky backwards...hey, what'd'ya want, I was 5!)

raisin

buffy

poe

auggie

dillon

kibbitz

bogie

rawhide

zsa zsa

zee zee

zero

Whew, I could go on...but I'll spare ya!

Chelle said...

As an adult I've only had fish.

Patience and Sarah.
Boris and Natasha.
Moose and Squirrel. (I'm a big Bullwinkle fan.)