Tuesday, November 06, 2007

One Voice

When I started this blog 2+ years ago I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I know I have shared this before, but I started my blog because I was bored at work. My blog has gone through many different transformations and it has been interesting watching this happen.

It used to be that whenever something would happen in my life, the first person I wanted to call was my Mom. Now when something happens my first thought is, I need to blog about this.

This blog has allowed me to find my voice. For the first thirty years of my life I couldn't find my voice. Things would happen and I would not say anything. When I did want to say something I didn't think anyone wanted to hear what I had to say. I kept everything to myself. Growing up I was the quiet child. My Mother used to always tell me that I was such a good baby and even started sleeping through the night at two weeks. My brother was a hand full. He was always giving my parents trouble and somewhere I learned that I just needed to be quiet. So that is what I did. I rarely let my voice be heard.

As I sit here today I am thankful that I have finally found my voice. Who would have guessed my voice would have been found within a blog? Although, sometimes I feel like my blog has taken on a life of it's own and I am just along for the ride.

13 comments:

Bella said...

Good for you! You have made huge strides in your journey.

I started my blog because I was bored at work too.

Annie Z said...

So glad you have found your voice. And I'm glad I've found your blog to hear it!
With my blog, I feel like I have finally found people who understand me because they are going through the same things and people with whom I connect with on a spiritual level. That is a true gift.
Annie
xxx

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing your voice with us!

Caroline said...

katie--at my last job i was just an overpaid blogger. i miss those days.

journey through life--that is exactly how i feel as well. before my blog, i never felt like my voice was worth hearing. i am also glad that i found your blog

nerdgirl--thank you for wanting to hear my voice.

Julie said...

It really is such an odd medium, but wonderful. I'm at this stage too where I might see or hear something and it will remind me of blogging friends.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I am glad you found your voice and fortunate to be along for the ride

Caroline said...

julie--you will find that the more you blog the more things will remind you of either your blog or your blogging buddies.

cheeky--i am lucky that i have found my voice. i have a friend that is 20 years older then me that is still searching for her voice. sometimes i feel sorry for her because i think she is just afraid to let her voice be heard.

Monogram Queen said...

Yes it is a very good thing you've found your voice! I'm still voting for you every week-day!

Lynilu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynilu said...

Sheesh, I hate posting a comment, then noticing a typo!! So, One Mo Time!!

Hmmm. I could swear I left a comment here last night, but it doesn't show up. That's happened several times lately. I'm guessing I'm impatiently moving on before it is completely loaded. Anyhoo ...

I'm glad you're blogging. I agree that it has been a factor in your blossoming. Our blogs do take on their own life, and isn't it fun?? Mine isn't what I expected, and I love that it takes me on unexpected paths at times.

Keep blogging and we'll happily keep reading! :)(:

Caroline said...

patti--thanks for the votes. i get an email everyday saying what place i am in. as of last night i was in 72nd place.

lynilu--i am curious as to what you thought your blog would be. you should do a post about it. i love how our blogs make it seem like we aren't so far away from each other. :)

Anonymous said...

This is only a step. Get your voice heard in real world too!

Got here from Michele's!

Holly said...

Good for you. I am very happy that you have found your voice too!