Tuesday, November 06, 2007

10 Things

I was going to write a post about how overwhelmed I am feeling, but then I read Katie's post on 10 things she is thankful for and I snapped out of feeling sorry for myself. So here are 10 things I am thankful for:

1. My job. It's a very stressful job, but I work with some really great people. I really think this job saved my life. It gave me a reason to get up on the morning. I sent my resume here while I was in New Mexico visiting Lynilu and as many of you know when I was visiting Lynilu I was probably at one of my lowest points. I am very thankful for my job and the people I work with.

2. Sophie, Ben and Bonk. The three of them give me love when I need it, kisses when I really need them (and sometimes when I don't need them) and love me. Brady used to always greet me at the top of the stairs when I would come home in the evening. Last night when I came in Bonk was at the top of the stairs to greet me. I love her for that.

3. My friends. They remind me that I am worth the fight.

4. My home. It may not be much and others may not want to buy it, but I think it's a pretty neat house.

5. Music. I can always count on my music to lift me up, remind me of good times and to just make me smile. There is nothing better then listening to my iPod and singing at the top of my lungs.

6. Cooler Weather. I am so glad that summer is gone. Today's high was only in the 40s and I love it. I can't wait for the first snow. (sorry Katie)

7. My health. Everyone is sick here at work and even though I don't always feel great, I have managed to avoid the horrible cold/flu that is going around here at work.

8. The Amazing Race. I love that show and I am thrilled that it's back on TV.

9. My Christmas Tree. Laura told me today that I will probably get the Christmas tree. She originally took it, but doesn't want to take it back to Shreveport, so I get to have it. I am so happy. It made me a little sad thinking she got my very first Christmas tree.

10. Brady. I am thankful that I got 11 loved filled years with him.

Wow, that really did work. I feel so much better. Thanks Katie.

8 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

I couldn't agree more about music. Health, good food, a nice glass of wine, friends, clearance racks, tv shows that make us laugh, gaining wisdom and maturity every day, beautiful nature ...oh and NOT being a religious nut. All things to be thankful for.

Caroline said...

sandra--how in the world did i forget to mention how thankful i am that i am no longer a religious nut. thanks for the reminder. :)

Annie Z said...

What a wonderful list! You do indeed have a lot to be grateful for. I loved that Bonk took over Brady's routine. That is so adorable.

I read about Brady and was very sorry to read about your loss. Both my cats before the ones I have now have been gingers and were really hard to say goodbye to.

I have a ginger again now as well as a black and white. Raphael is the most handsome creature and just like Brady, he is (mostly) always on my bed sleeping with me. He is a faithful, reliable and grounding cat. I love them both to bits. They are only three years old at the moment. May they live to the terrific age of at least 11.

Annie
xxx

Lynilu said...

#4, yes, your house is a cool house. When I encourage you to get out it isn't the house but the environment. I love your house, the memories it holds of you and of your grandmother. It will always be special in my heart whether you live there or not.

And #2, bless little Bonk! She's a special little lady, isn't she??

#3, don't you ever, EVER doubt you are worth it.

Smile, pretty girl!! You have a good life!!

Bella said...

I'm a trendsetter......or something....Glad you feel better!

Caroline said...

journey through life--having bonk greet me at the stairs each night makes it a little less sad around the house. she is also following me everywhere now. brady used to do that. she is one cool cat.

lynilu--i knew what you meant about getting out of the house. last night there was some noise in the middle of the night...like something hit the house. i have learned to only get alarmed when sophie barks. i looked down and she was still sound asleep, so i figured it wasn't anything too bad. bonk is indeed a special lady.

katie--LOL..yes you are.

Monogram Queen said...

Awesome list! Something we all need to do from time to time!

Anonymous said...

Music and The Amazing Race...that's what I hope Heaven is like when I get there!! lol Thanks for reminding me I have a lot to be thankful for, too. I stumbled onto the blog by accident, but enjoyed the read.