Friday, November 23, 2007

Letter to God~Updated

Dear God,

As you know I went home for lunch. As I let Sophie out I noticed a little bit of blood on the deck. Within 5 minutes Sophie's paw was bleeding horribly. The bleeding would not stop. I looked at her paw and saw that her nail was torn all the way to the vein. I then rushed her to the vet.

Here's what I need from you God. I need a break. I am literally on my knees begging you.

It has been one of the hardest years of my life. I have had to give away one cat and one passed away. It has been a year with nothing but loss. I try to see the bright side and see that things really aren't that bad, but I am struggling. It seems the minute I have a good day or I am feeling better...BAM....something else happens.

I am not sure how much more I can take. I have some wonderful friends that are trying their hardest to encourage me, but when I am in my quietest moments I often sit and wonder what I have done to deserve all this that continues to be thrown my way. I know from the outside looking in the things that I am dealing with may not seem that much, but when you add them all up together you end up with someone that is about at her limit.

Thank you for listening to me.

Caroline

P.S. Please be with Sophie right now while she is at the vet. She is very scared and in a lot of pain.

**Update** 4:45pm
Sophie is home from the vet and feeling a little better. Her nail broke all the way to the nerves and vein. Sophie was given some antibiotics and 2 different medications for the pain. For the next 10 days Sophie should be feeling no pain. Thank you for your prayers and I really want to thank a person (not too sure who you are) that was so generous. Your kindness was appreciated more then you will ever realize.


14 comments:

A social worker in the making. said...

My prayers are with Sophie and you.You need a cruise to a deserted island where the drinks are unlimited and can just on the beach relaxing

Audra said...

Oh no! I will really be saying some extra prayers for you and Sophie.

Unknown said...

Poor Sophie. And you. :( Do you have any styptic powder? We had that happen with Casey (my mom's dog) one time, and I guess that stuff stops the bleeding.

My mom has also had a bad-luck year (mostly medically), and it seems like she stays positive by really hoping the next year will be more calm. She's always asking "what's next?" I know it's hard when it is just one thing after another. Maybe the changing of the year will make things feel fresher.

yankeegirl said...

(((hugs))) and prayers for you and Sophie.

Annie Z said...

I understand how you are feeling. I go through it often. This year has also been a bad year for me. However, I do find my years go in cycles. So, I am hoping that next year will be a good one.
I've had prayers like this as well. And as much as you don't believe it at the time, you can cope with everything. And everything will make you stronger. Be open to the learning and growth process and you will reap it's benefits.
How wonderful that you have the support of good friends.
Thinking of you,
Annie
xxx

Shannon said...

Poor Sophie. I'm so sorry you had to deal with yet another emergency.

Anonymous said...

Oy vey. You have had a bitch of a year my friend. Here's hoping that 2008 is a better year all around. Poor Sophie. Poor you. Peace.

Sphincter said...

No way! The poor thing! And poor you! I'm sorry that you have had such a craptacular year.

SassyFemme said...

Oh that poor pup. Glad she's on the road to recovery.

Julie said...

I wish I were there to sign her "cast." Poor Sophie. Thinking of you guys.

david santos said...

Nice dog and good text, thank you

Lynilu said...

Oh, poor Sophie! Bless her heart! And yours!! I'm just gonna say this ... God knows you have a very strong back. He know you'll make it through all this, and once again, I'm amazed at how well you are surviving. I don't know why it is all coming your way, but you are showing amazing strength and grace in a very difficult situation. I wish I could be there to support you, but my heart is, anyway. Love you! Please give Sophie a hug from me.

Monogram Queen said...

So glad Sophie is okay. It will get better. Really it will.

Casey said...

I'm glad Sophie is ok....and man do I hear you on this being one suck-ass year. I just don't think I can take one thing more. I really don't. I just wanted you to know you aren't alone in that.