Thursday, November 22, 2007

My Home Away From Home

Warning: Long Post

As promised here is a tour of where I work. The front of the building is the neatest, but it's on a very busy corner and I was unable to get a picture.

If you have a window you are one of the lucky ones. This is my view. I consider myself very lucky to have a window, even if it is looking out to the parking lot.
I have this sign on my wall in my office. I found it a couple years ago and the clients always get the biggest laugh from it.
Of course I have to have a KU flag. BTW, KU (University of Kansas) and MU (University of Missouri) are playing on Saturday and I guess if you are into college football it's a huge thing. I'm not really into college football, but I will still cheer on the Jayhawks.

These are pictures of my nephews. All the pictures are 3+ years old. I have no idea how my nephews look now, but to me they will always look two and three. Also, you will see that Sophie got to visit Santa last year.
My desk. What you can't see if the huge pile of paper on the corner of my desk. I wish I could figure out how to make it disappear.
It's hard to believe that I worked 5 hard years for two pieces of paper. So worth it.
I love these stairs. Our building is all brick and I just love it.
Front Lobby. I had to wait until all the clients left to take this picture. Usually it's filled with clients and very loud.

As you can see I was one of the last to leave on Wednesday afternoon. This is the back parking lot. The window to the left of the door is my office.
I probably walk this path 50 times a day. Notice the flower beds....inside? They are filled with mulch which I think it kind of weird.
This sign was bought when I was in Key West. Don't you love the name of the street?
Blast from the past. I found these magnets with all the old "don't do drugs" slogans. My favorite is "crack is whack!".
I found this TAXI sign while in Aruba. I keep saying I am going to turn it into a lamp, but 12 years later and I haven't done that yet. Maybe one day. Notice the worry stones?
Feeding my addiction to pens. How many of you have so many pens that you have to use a flower pot to put them in? Didn't think so...

I am lucky because I love my job. I work with some of the best people. My job is really hard and most say that I have one of the hardest job of our agency, but it's all worth it. Today before I went for my Thanksgiving dinner I stopped at our main building to give the techs that were working a little box of candy. The clients were taken to the main building for their Thanksgiving dinner. As I pulled up there were 2 firetrucks in front of the building. There was no fire, but we are thinking of the clients were smoking in the front lobby, which of course set off the fire alarm.

I got a free flu shot on Tuesday and boy it's hurting. I woke up Wednesday morning with my arm being so sore I thought maybe I had received a tetantis (sp?) shot instead. Two days later it's still sore and I swear the soreness is now in my collar bone. I wonder if I am having one of those weird reactions.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. When thinking of what I am thankful for, you guys were at that top of that list.

4 comments:

Bella said...

Very cool office!

Luna said...

I had the same reaction to the flu shot...give it a couple more days and you'll be fine....try putting some benadryl gel on it.

wickster44 said...

Love the wood!
I have a pen addiction too and am made fun of big time by my coworkers.

Annie Z said...

So great to see where you work!
A
xx