Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's that time of the year

Tonight when I went out I saw the most beautiful sunset. I took this picture with my cellphone and it really doesn't show the colors that were in the sky. I found myself just wanting to stare at it, but then I realized I couldn't do that since I was driving.

I spent the afternoon laying on the couch and it was wonderful. I even watched Dr. Phil and Oprah which I never get to watch. After watching Oprah I am inspired again to get back to losing weight. I think that the weight I have gained in the last 4 months has caused some of this back pain. And with my raise I can afford to go back to the gym.

It's beginning to look like Christmas around my house. In the past the decorations are put up in one weekend. This year I am doing a little decorating every couple of days and I am almost there. My goal is to be done with all the decorating by the end of this weekend. I have gone back and forth about getting a tree, but I think I will regret it if I don't put one up. I am hoping to go out and get one in the next week or so.

A close-up of the lights on my tree out front.
I call this my Charlie Brown Christmas tree. It's such a small tree and I try to get as many lights on there as possible.
Here's my small tree. I bought this tree in 2000. I had been kicked out of the church for smoking and I tried to celebrate Christmas. I had the tree in a place where I could easily run it upstairs if my parents just happen to drop by. I love the fact that I no longer have to hide the fact that I celebrate the holidays.
I love this inflatable. I searched for two years before finally finding it. Can you tell there is a theme in my decorations? I didn't plan on having a lot of Peanuts stuff, but it's kind of just happened.

Other then my back hurting I am still in pretty good spirits. I have come up with some great ideas for me to make money without having to go out and get another job. Which by the way would be close to impossible. I am on call 24/7 and there are many times I am called into work in the evenings or on the weekends. So, I am excited about my idea and will share with all of you in the next couple of days.

I am getting together my list of address' to send out my Christmas cards. If you would like to receive one please let me know. You can email your address to: carolinesemail73 at yahoo dot com.

7 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

You know I am all about the Peanuts Gang! I want more Peanuts Halloween Airblowns and i'm gonna get them too. I am so glad you are feeling positive and the raise is there for you and everything. :) Big smiles all around!

Bella said...

I love trees with a lot of lights.

You better have me on your list missy.

wickster44 said...

Sorry to hear about your back - awesome decorations!
Did you send me your mailing address? I'm going to start on cards this weekend.

Julie said...

Oops - that was me, Julie. I was playing around with a new blog idea this weekend and signed in under it instead of my working one.

Shannon said...

Sorry to hear you're having back pain, but glad you had a relaxing day. Your decorations look great.

A social worker in the making. said...

love peanuts My daughter Sarah wants a tree done in Pooh,James my son would like Jeff Gordon tree I want a tree done in carousels

Sheila Lu said...

Wow! Those lights are beautiful.