Monday, November 19, 2007

It's All Good

Well.....it's been a nice evening. I was so exhausted from work today (it was crazy) that I was kind of hoping she would call and say she couldn't make it. But she called to make sure I was still coming over, so I decided to go. I will say that at first it was a little awkward because she was my supervisor at one point. But overall it was a very nice evening. I learned a lot more about her; what she likes to do, etc. I ended up going to her house and she has the cutest little house. It's on a hill that overlooks The Plaza which is a gorgeous shopping area in Kansas City. She has a perfect view of The Nelson Atkins Art Museum which is gorgeous at night. I could have sat on her back deck for hours. It didn't hurt that today was like spring. Even tonight it's still in the 60s and kind of muggy.

E has some really good connections in the Kansas City Gay community. She has already invited me to 3 events that are going on in the next month. I am looking forward to them since the only thing that I really know about the gay community is the bar scene. And since I am not into the bar scene I really didn't know where to look..

When I came out completely in 2004 I was in a relationship. And I was in a relationship with someone that had burned a lot of bridges in the gay community. Laura and I would have to avoid certain parts of town and I always hated that.

I don't know if E and I will have a romantic connection, but I do know I have a new friend that can show me around. One funny thing...she did ask if I still had that cute little black puppy. When I first started my practicum I found this cute little puppy running around the parking lot. I told E that the cute little puppy she was talking about was now 60lbs and still as sweet as when I got found her when she was roaming the streets in 1998.

Isn't she just adorable? I will have to tell the story of how I ended up with Sophie one day. The story is about as sweet as Sophie.

Of course dragonflies came up and E lent me a book called "Dragonfly" which is stories of different women when they came out. I can't wait to start reading it.

I hope all my friends here in bloggerland are doing good. You have no idea how I wish sometimes that I could just call one of you up and go hang out. Does anyone else wish that as well? I've been reading about Lynilu who has met 2 blogger friends in the last 2 days. I am so envious of her, but know that come March I will hopefully be able to meet 4 of my blogging FRIENDS.

OK, my cute little black puppy is demanding some of my attention.

Sweet dreams......

15 comments:

Casey said...

I've never met up with blogger friends...I would really like to sometime.

And you know, friends are good. Really good. And ones with conenctions to the gay community in your very own town are priceless! I hope you have a great time getting involved with activities in your own backyard. And by getting involved in activities, you are sure to meet even MORE people! Win win!! :)

Bella said...

I'm glad you had a good evening.

Anonymous said...

I've met one blogger. She was lovely. I was scared about it too. I'd not had a good experience with meeting people online previously (they weren't bloggers) and it had turned out sooo badly. It turned out to be such a blessing and I'm glad I faced my fear.

Dee said...

You can call me up anytime you want to hang out. You might have to put up with a crazy 2-year-old too, but we love company!

Holly said...

Good for you for getting into the friend scene again. Casey is right, gay community connections can be priceless.

I can't picture Sophie as a little puppy.

A social worker in the making. said...

glad you had a great time.I have met Two friends who i chat with everyday they are two of the sweetest people i know and hoping this summer to meet two more of my friends one in ok and the other in las vegas.

Annie Z said...

I am so glad that you had a good time and that there are future social events coming up for you. An avenue into a gay community that suits you better is a wonderful blessing!

I would just LOVE to be able to call up my blogger friends to go out with or to share conversations. I have never met anyone even from my state, let alone my town!
But I am so glad to have made these great on-line connections.

Annie
xxx

wickster44 said...

I am looking forward to meeting yo and the other blogger friends in MN in March!

SassyFemme said...

Yeah for making new friends and connections.

Like you, there are some bloggers I wish I could call to hang out. We're within an hour to an hour and a half of a few that we see every couple of months. Another one is about 3 hours away and she's become one of my dearest friends in the world. Amazing this blogging connection.

Anonymous said...

Caroline I'm so glad you enjoyed your evening. Always good to have another friend, and sounds like your social life just might take a turn for the better.

Ruth in Canada

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I am glad you found someone that help show you around. I say, go to the events, meet people and just have a good time.

Monogram Queen said...

It is good that you have someone to open up new avenues for you. So happy for you Caroline. Yes you don't know how many times I wish I could call up this or that blogger bud and hang out. The distance is tough!

Caroline said...

casey--friend are really good. talking with E last night she has had similiar issues with her family...it was nice sitting and talking to someone that could understand what i am dealing with

katie--it was a very nice evening

traci--i can't wait to meet some of my blogger friends. there are so many that i want to meet. i think we just need to plan a huge get together for all of us :)

dee--that's right, you are literally right down the street from me. you, hubby, zach and i should go back to that great restuarant we went to with B in may. would you believe i have not been back even though i kept saying i was going to

holly--believe it or not, when i found sophie she was only 8lbs. now she is just 60lbs of pure sweetness. i will have to try to find some pics of her when she was a puppy. i was not that great at taking pics back then...darn

redfrog--i have met two blogger friends and it is so nice to have a voice to go with their comments now

annie--you are right...even if i never meet some of my blogger friends, i am thankful that i have made the connection to them

julie--me too

sassy--it truly is amazing isn't it? i would have never guessed that i would have made such wonderful friends through my blog

ruth--E is always busy, so it looks like she is going to make me a social butterfly afterall

cheeky--i do plan on going to these events...the more people i can meet the better

patti--yes the distance is hard sometimes. so glad you enjoyed your time with lynilu

Lynilu said...

Don't forget to tell on your blog about the history of the Plaza and about Thanksgiving night! Cool stories, and since you still live there, I'll let you be the one to tell it!

Glad you had a nice time. I agree, one never has too many friends. If someone has "too many friends" I'd guess they are not close friends. Choose wisely and enjoy!!

Minnesota Nice said...

I'm sure you have posted puppy photos of Sophie before, but I haven't seen them, and I'd love to! I'll probably swoon from the cuteness....