Monday, November 12, 2007

Full Plate

I can't believe I am already having to deal with this, but I am worried about my cat Bonk. Bonk is 20 and her health has really gone down hill in the last 3 months. She is losing weight, losing hair and pretty much sleeps all day. When she is not sleeping she is meowing like she doesn't remember where she is. She has huge patches of hair missing all over her body and I have no idea what is going on with that. I wish I could take her to the vet, but I just can't afford it right now. You have no idea how guilty I feel about not being able to take her to the vet.

I am trying not to turn my blog into one huge pity party, but I really need a break here. If it's not one thing it's another. When things would come up when Laura and I were together I always knew things were going to be OK because we had each other. Being alone makes everything so much harder. I don't have someone else that can take over when I am tired. I don't have someone that can help me think of solutions. I have to do it all on my own and it's really hard.

I keep hanging on thinking that things have got to get better, but instead of getting better I just have more crap thrown on my plate. Three months ago my plate was full. Now it's literally overflowing onto the floor. I keep reminding myself that God will not give me more then I can handle, but seriously...I think I have all I can handle right now.

To deal with everything I have been doing some things that are really unhealthy. I am just now realizing that these things are not working and actually making things worse, but I need some help and I don't know how to ask for help. I think I am afraid to ask for the help that I need. I don't want to be a burden on others and I don't want to be looked at like I am weak.

You know that saying, If a tree fell and no one was around, would it make a sound? My question is lately has been, If I fell and no one was around would there be a sound and would anyone notice?

11 comments:

Dee said...

Yes, someone would notice. I know you have a lot to deal with right now, but it will get better. You are a very strong woman, but asking for help when you need it does not make you weak. It makes you human. We all need a little help now and then.

p.s. I do hope Bonk is ok, at least for a little bit longer. I've been through that with an aging cat before and I know how hard it can be.

Minnesota Nice said...

Being 41 and still single, boy do I understand those thoughts, but as much as we wish for a partner to share everything with, you aren't really ALONE along. We do always have FRIENDS thank goodness, so turn to them, lean on them, and someday when they need you...return the favor. Women gotta help each other out, and they usually are happy to.

I wish vet trips didn't always turn into a long list of bloodwork, expensive test after test. Most likely Bonk has renal failure, being 20 and all - maybe you can do like I did with Anna and just start with a kidney test only, not the whole panel of tests. I think her first exam with that test was like $60. If I'd gone for that full gamut of tests they wanted to do it would have been TONS more.

Casey said...

Keep putting one foot in front of the other. It's all going to be ok.

I'm sorry about Bonk - I know how hard it is.

Bella said...

Yes, I would notice if you fell.

Call a bitch if you need to. You know I don't go to bed early.

Anonymous said...

Call your vet and speak with her personally-- tell her of the financial straits you are in and the concerns you have about Bonk. You may just want to ask her to allow you the favor of credit to put Bonk down rather than a bunch of diagnostics-- if she shoots you down, shame on her.

SassyFemme said...

Caroline, I know you might feel uncomfortable doing this, but please consider putting a Paypal thingy up on here, some of us might be able to help you out a little bit.

Lynilu said...

I'm so sorry. I know none of us can really change this for you, but please try to remember that we love you and care about you and the babies.

Call the vet and see what can be done about payments, first of all. Secondly, ask her opinion about the course to take, the minimal cost with most humane outcome as Sandra suggested. Next bring that back here and let us help as we can. Sassy has a cool idea ... I might not be able to help enough on my own, but if several of us helped a bit, it might be enough.

Little by little, hon. Don't try to eat the whole plateful at once, but break it down into small bites. And let your friends help you through it. :')

Kim said...

Lynilu is right, we're here for you and we love you. And don't worry about your blog being a "pity party." It's your blog! For you to talk about what you want to talk about, not to cater to anyone else. I think venting these things is therapeutic. For heaven's sake, do NOT hold it all in. Tell us what's in your heart. We want to know and we care. Don't forget that.

Holly said...

We are here. Absolutely.
I hope everything is okay with Bonk.

Audra said...

I hope you are able to stay strong to work through your full plate. Just try and take small bites!

Monogram Queen said...

Listen to Sandra, she's a wise woman! I hope Bonk is okay.