Tuesday, October 30, 2007

This & That

Today was the perfect fall day in Kansas City. I love the kind of weather where it's cold in the morning and then in the low 70s in the afternoon. I took this picture while looking out my sunroof. This is the first car where I have had a sunroof and I will probably never get a car without one now. My Mom has always had convertibles, but I have never been a fan of them because of how windy it can get.

I think I feel a little better then yesterday. I slept another 9 hours last night, so I am hoping all this sleep is helping in some way. Patti asked why I have so many germs at work. I work in a drug/alcohol treatment center and many of our clients are homeless. So when they come in they brings lots of things with them. I literally walk around with hand sanitizer because of all the germs. When I first started my boss told me that until I build up my immune system I could expect to be sick a lot the first year. I got a horrible cold my second week, but since then I have been pretty healthy. Knock on wood.

Today I had to take one of my techs to the doctor after she got injured. As I sat in the waiting room I started reading a magazine. I am a little concerned because I found 2 recipes that I want to try. I just might be domestic after all. Not too sure what to think of that, but all I know is I am excited about trying these new recipes.

Today marks 3 days of feeling really good. Giving up my worries to God has really helped. I also have made some decisions on some things that were kind of holding me back. As hard as those decisions were, I can't ignore how much weight has been lifted from my heart.

8 comments:

Bella said...

I so heart my sunroof.

Just say no to the dark side and remember this, if you want to cook, you will have to grocery shop. YUCK!

Caroline said...

katie--i am almost afraid to tell you this after your response to my comment on your post about x-mas shopping...BUT, I actually don't mind grocery shopping.

Casey said...

I'm glad you are having a good day! Good days are the best!!

Lynilu said...

YOU??? Domestic??? BWAHAHAHA ha ha ha ha!! Gasp! Oh, my! Well, of course you have a domestic streak in you, at least when you are in the mood.

Glad you're doing better. I know being sick stinks. And I remember how germs float around in places like that. You will eventually be more resistant to most of the crud. Smiles and hugs, dear!

Julie said...

I hate to cook, but every fall I collect recipes. I blame the fall smells: pumpkins, squash, cinnamon...that sorta thing.

Caroline said...

casey--they are considering how many bad days I have had in a row. it's time for some good

lynilu--well, i am glad i could entertain you for a minute. :) drive safely my friend

julie--i think for me it's the cooler temps that makes me want to cook. usually by feb. i have come to my senses. :)

Monogram Queen said...

Thanks for clearing that up. I think on some level I knew that it just slipped my mind!
Hand sanitizer is definitely your friend. Madison calls it "germy stuff".
Domesticity is not so bad (Katie!) LOL

SassyFemme said...

Perhaps this domestic thought is part of the new, evolving you? Or perhaps it's just a warp in the time-space continuum. ;)