Friday, October 12, 2007

Springer Style

Ever feel like your life is an episode of The Jerry Springer show?

Boy does my life feel like that right now. Hopefully in 24 hours most of this drama crap will be over with. The movers will be at the house by 8am and hopefully it will be as quick as last time. Then the pets and I can settle back into our normally calm and quiet life.

I have some of the greatest friends. Really I do. Without you guys I surely would be locked in a padded room. :) One of my friends is coming over to my house tonight and we are going to get started on painting all of the inside. I can't wait for that. When I move the furniture back I am going to arrange it a little different. I don't have much choice in regards to the living room furniture, but the bedroom is going to be completely different. I think that will be good for me.

The cats and Sophie are all back at the house. I have the cats locked in a room so they are out of the way of the movers tomorrow. Bonk and Ben are hiding in the closet, but Brady is all anxious to get out. I think they know they are home. When I call Ben he lets out a meow, but it's not that same panic meow I have heard the last two weeks. Sophie is very confused as to why there is no furniture in the house. When I went home at lunch she was just laying in the middle of the bedroom floor. I can't wait until our bed gets set up tomorrow and it starts to feel like home again.

Once I recover from all of this, I plan on working on the yard. It has been sadly neglected this past summer. I want to get it all ready for winter and of course the spring. I am thinking of taking the house off the market until February. We are coming up on a period when people really don't buy new houses, and I am afraid with it sitting all this time on the market it's kind of stale now.

It's officially cold in Kansas City and I am loving it. When I went out for my breakfast cigarette it was saying it was 37. When I went home at lunch it was only 60 in the house. So I turned on the heat and prayed that it would come on. I have not had any problems with my furnace, but considering everything that has gone wrong this year I would not be surprised if it didn't turn on. But the furnace Gods were smiling upon me today and it came on. And much to my surprise that burning smell only lasted 5 minutes.

Today I have a much better attitude and I can't wait to go home, my home.

13 comments:

Married Lesbian Mom said...

Caroline:

Stay strong. You will be ok because you are a great person. I have never spoke to you, but if you ever need someone to talk to feel free to call me. I eill sed you my # this weekend. Lots of good vibes coming your way from NJ.

(((HUGS)))

Kim said...

Hi Caroline! I was so excited when you posted on my blog today. I thought I had lost yours forever!

Wow, I had a lot of catching up to do...you've been through a lot lately. It's like you just keep being thrown through the ringer over and over again; yet, you never cease to amaze me with your resilience and positive thinking. You are so much stronger than you realize you are, and I feel honored that I "know" you.

I, too, am so glad that you are blessed with such a strong support system. But really? I can't imagine someone like you having anything less.

Bella said...

Springer is the only way to describe it.

I can't believe that shit. Seriously....WHO DOES THAT?

Audra said...

I'm glad your heat is working! That really would have been icing on the cake! I wish it were cold enough here for heat, but alas it is still in the 70's (and sometimes 80's!)

Stay strong!

Kerry said...

Man the heat?! I would just love to turn off the a/c! I am glad you are excited to be moving back and the family can settle in again.

SassyFemme said...

I'm glad you're feeling better about things. I have no doubt that you WILL come through all this crap just fine, and emerge better and stronger than ever. I still just want to write that woman an email and rip her a new one. {rolling eyes and muttering under my breath)

A social worker in the making. said...

I am glad your feeling better also.I bet your friends would sit beside you in the padded room patting your back.From the comments on here you are loved just keep telling yourself that

Lynilu said...

I don't blame you for taking it off the market, but you might not want to leave it off too long. Remember that mine was viewed in January and bought in February. Talk to Niki.

You sound more "up" than you were last night, understandably. I'm so glad. I'll be glad when the drama is over, too. You can always call me, but for your sake, it will be good to have this chapter closed. Hmmm. Shall we pull this chapter from the book and burn it while dancing a wild happy dance around the campfire???? :)

Maybe you have the right idea ... let's see if we can get an invitation to the Springer show sent to her!!! LOL, wickedly!!!!

Julie said...

Hoping the move goes well today, and by tonight you have a cold corona in the hand and several pounds of live furr about the legs and lap-:)

Anonymous said...

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry about all the drama. I hope your move is going/has gone smoothly. It's later where you are than here so I'm assuming it's well under way or complete by now. Peace to you and the animals.

One Messed Up Chick said...

what a roller coaster you have been on lately. I think its time to step off this one and stand tall for yourself and your babies. You need drama like you need a hole in your head. Im sorry that I havent been around for you!!!!

Kelly Lopez said...

Hope you made the move without too much drama this morning. I know it's tough and I'm sorry for such a rainy, dreary day for your move.

Monogram Queen said...

You are doing great in this whole situation, much much better than I would have handled it. I would probably be peering from behind bars about now.