Thursday, October 11, 2007

As long as we are together.....

When I look into this sweet face I feel like a horrible parent. My pets have been through so much in the last two weeks and now we are moving again. And what sucks is, I know we won't be at the old house for probably more then 9 months. That means they have another move in their future.

I can handle the stress all this moving has done, but I know it's so hard on the pets. All I can do is love them and try to get them understand that it will be alright. Kind of reminds me of that one episode of Little House on the Prairie called "As long as we are together...".

I know Sophie will be thrilled to have her yard back where she can go and do her business without someone watching her every move. And I know the cats will be thrilled that they don't have to be watching their back for Oliver who loved to chase them.

11 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Animals are more resilient than we give them credit for....and this move will be like coming home from an extended vacation - the surroundings are familiar so it won't be so bad ((HUGS))

One Messed Up Chick said...

I dont know what to say Caroline, wish we were closer. I would help you move back home. Your babies will help you get through this all! Hugs to you!!

Kathryn said...

Your pets will be fine, as long as they are with you.

Bella said...

I agree with everyone, you haven't been away from your place that long, they will be ok.

Lynilu said...

You're NOT a bad mom!

The title of the blog says it all. They will be fine with you. Adjustment is hard for us all, but we get through it, don't we? Yeah, just give 'em lots of hugs! (As if we could stop you anyway!!!)

Anonymous said...

I guarantee you and they will be fine. It's better to have a bit of upheaval and then calm rather than the constant upheaval of living in a bad situation. You're doing fine my dear. Really.

We are the Taylors said...

Your pets will be happy as long as they still have you. It's amazing how much joy they can bring us. Even when things seem to be going great animals can add such happiness. Also, when we are sad they seem to sense it and are always there to give a hug or cuddle. Hang in there, things will look up soon.

Anonymous said...

It is true you are taking care of them. You are moving them and you back to a healthier environment.As everyone else has said wish we were closer!

Lynilu said...

Hey, speaking of pets, have you heard about Astro and his adjustment lately?

Julie said...

Do like some TV shows do and tell them it was all a dream. Convince them they never left the original house.
-:)

Monogram Queen said...

I agree with Cheeky animals are more reslilient and at least they have a good home and someone who loves them. If you get to feeling guilty just think of them homeless and wandering the streets looking for food and shelter. Then the moving does not see so bad, right!? I know what you mean though.