Monday, October 22, 2007

Is it Friday Yet?

I am so tired.

My tiredness started on Saturday after my tech meeting. It was one of the worst meetings I have ever had and I left very upset and in tears. They just don't get it. On my way home on Saturday I called my boss and told her what had happened. She was in full support of me and agreed that the techs were so wrong in what they did.

I knew I had to deal with it today and boy did I have to deal with it.

I walked into work at 7am today and I was literally on the go the entire time. Around 11:30am my boss called and said, "Let's go to lunch". It was exactly what I needed. I needed to get away from the office for just a few minutes. My boss and I had a great talk about some ideas as to what I can do with the techs and then we also talked about all that has been going on in my life the last few weeks. This is the exact reason I love working in the social service field. I love that I can go talk to my boss about something other then work and not feel like she is going to hold it against me in some way. At one point in the conversation my boss looked me in the eye and said, "It's going to be OK Caroline". My boss is absolutely wonderful and I know I am very lucky to have a boss that is so supportive and genuinely concerned about me and all that has been going on in my personal life.

I could have stayed a couple extra hours at work tonight to catch up on some things, but my boss insisted that I go home at the end of my 8 hours. On my first day she told me that even though I am salaried, she does not want me working more then 40 hours a week. It's wonderful knowing that it's OK to leave some things for the next day.

My friend is coming over tonight to paint and I am wondering how much I will actually be able to get done since I am so tired.

Is it Friday yet?

4 comments:

Luna said...

Glad you have a good friend in your boss! Hopefully your techs will straighten up

Lynilu said...

YES!!!!

Bella said...

I'm so glad you have a supportive boss. That helps so much.

Just remember to take care of yourself.

Monogram Queen said...

Friday will be coming soon. Hang in there baby!
Yay for you having a good boss. I know it helps!