Monday, September 10, 2007

Some Things Never Change

I was so happy to see Brady sleeping on the clothes I had just taken out of the dryer. He loves to do that as other things unique only to Brady, so I am happy to see some of his wonderful personality return. Sunday morning he started greeting me at the stairs again. I never knew how much I loved that until he didn't do it for a few days. I forgot to mention that over the weekend my vet called just to check up on Brady. I think that is so awesome that they were calling to see how he was doing. I have been going to the same Animal Hospital (well, not me, but you know what I mean) since I was a kid.

Tomorrow I will be talking with the vet after she has talked with the oncologist. I am thinking only positive things. No matter what happens Brady knows I love him and that is all that really matters in the end.

On Wednesday I have an appointment with a counselor through our EAP. They are sending me to a male counselor, which I am not too sure about. But I am willing to give it a try. Only positive thoughts.

It's going to be a busy week, but that is good. The busier I am, the faster the week will go by and the sooner I will be able to see MG again.

4 comments:

Bella said...

I'm so glad Brady seems to be getting back to himself.

Good luck with the counselor. If you don't feel comfortable with him, don't be afraid to ask for another referral. There is nothing worse than seeing someone who you don't feel "gets" you.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Oh look at that sweet baby. Just makes you wanna snuggle him. As annoying as my kitties can be - I love em (enough to even dedicate an entire scrapbook to them - yeah yeah I am a cat lady - I know..hehe)

Oh and listen to Katie there - she gives good advice - you don't like him - move on hon...move on.

Patti_Cake said...

Glad Brady is acting like himself and I love the silly quirky things that kitties to. Love the pic of Brady.

I am with you in spirit through all of these grey clouds you are experiencing and yay for a quick week so you can refresh and renew with MG once again.

Lynilu said...

Oh, it is good to hear that his behaviors have resumed the normal pattern! He is such a luv!!

I understand about your reservations with a male therapist, but give it a whirl. Remember that *you* don't have to be a recovering chemical abuser to work effectively with your clients, and *I* didn't have to be a child abuser to deal with the families I did. The issues you are seeing him for shouldn't be uncomfortable. And I'm thinking of you!!