Monday, September 10, 2007

What a Day

It has been such a c.r.a.z.y. day. Most if it has to do with work and I can't go into detail; at least not right now. I do promise that at some point you will hear about the crap I am having to deal with at work. (Has nothing to do with my wonderful boss')

Apparently when summer decides to leave KC, it just leaves. In 24 hours we have gone from hot summer weather to me having to have a blanket on the couch this evening. All of my winter clothes are packed, so I am having to still wear shorts. I will go into detail later about why I am not unpacking. :)

As for this cooler weather, I am loving it. I never thought fall was going to get here.

It's now time to start the countdown for the first snow!!!!

Oh, one thing that I forgot to mention: Attention all bloggers in Minneapolis: It looks like MG and I will be in the beautiful state of Minnesota from March 28-April 2. I can not tell you how excited I am about traveling up to my favorite state and hopefully meeting at least 3 of you. I just hope there is a little bit of snow left over!! :)

14 comments:

Casey said...

I'm going to take a wild guess at the not unpacking part....you must be moving! I hope this means your house has sold. :)

Caroline said...

casey--oh, nice guess, but sorry (boy am i sorry) my house has not sold.

Anonymous said...

I am really loving this cool weather too. You know that means it's time for us to hit the hiking trails!! And I think we should place bets on what date the first snowfall in KC will be!

Your MG

Bella said...

Do not say the "S" word, I repeat, do not say the "S" word.

MG said it too.....I don't know about you two ;)

Minnesota Nice said...

I'm with Katie, no saying of the "S" word until after Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Who are the other Mpls bloggers, we can start organizing a super cool meet-up!

Caroline said...

MG--sounds like a great bet to me. what shall the winner get?

katie--sorry, but we just love the snow so much. an awful "s" word for us is "summer".

sandra--katie and cheeky are two i know of, but we are also trying to talk Patti into coming that weekend as well. hey, maybe we could talk lynilu into coming in as well.

Holly said...

I don't want to think about winter just yet!
Sorry it was a crazy day. I had one too.

yankeegirl said...

I guess you'll have to say hi to all the wonderful peeps up in MN for me. If I go anywhere in March or April it must involve Sunshine and WARM weather. :)

Anonymous said...

Minnesota is your favorite state? Holy buckets! Which part to you like? The mosquitos or the humidity or the snow and below zero temperatures?

Julie said...

I grew up in MN and visit my family each quarter, so I will shoot for those dates as well if there's an opportunity to meet up with you guys. Keep me posted, eh?

I do wish that, given those dates, we were meeting here in Atlanta instead-:) April is one of our better months, while MN still is a little chilly. Ah well, plenty of time to work on all of you for an Atlanta meet up some other time.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

I am with Katie - NO "S" WORD ALLOWED mmmmkay?

AND if you are gonna be here for Katies B-day then I am sure I will get to meet you too! WOOT!!!

Patti_Cake said...

I am laughing at you wanting snow. Me too. Poor Katie thinks we are nuts!

Lynilu said...

Me? Go to Minneapolis? Now I'd love to meet everyone, but I'm remembering this past year at that time, and I'm thinking the weather wasn't, uhmm, very nice. I'll consider it. Carefully. At length. ;-)

We have had a sudden fall-like change, too. This morning when I got up at 7:30, the outside temp was 49. I need to begin watching the night time temp forecast, 'cause I gotta get my plants in if it is going to do that consistently.Right now, 10:00, it is just 55. Of course, I love the cool weather, but this was unexpected.

And I've had over 4 inches of rain at my house since Thursday. Caroline, remember how I hate rain because of the gloom at comes with it in KC? Well, in spite of the rain, every day has had more sunshine than overcast!! YAY!!! I'm finally liking rainy days!!

Lynilu said...

P.S. - LOL at Traci's comment!!!