Monday, September 24, 2007

Moving Week

So here it is, the week to move. I have this amazing calmness about me right now. It feels really good. This morning when I got to work I found myself smiling at everything, even though I had to do payroll which sometimes is a huge mess.

I have a lot to do this week, but somehow it will all get done.

Saturday when I was at the M*agic Johnson thing I somehow hurt my back. Well, I am not sure if it was there or moving the cedar chest that I am giving to my best friend or mowing the yard yesterday. At some point I hurt my back because by yesterday afternoon I could barely walk. I have been taking lots of Advil and so far that has really helped. My back does feel a lot better today and I just pray that it continues to get better before Friday. I don't have a lot of heavy stuff to move since the movers are doing all the heavy stuff, but I have a lot of small things that I still need to move. Like MG said, I am the queen of gadgets and I have about a million that I still need to move.

And then there are the pets. I have already decided that I am getting up really early Friday morning and locking the cats and Sophie in the one room where the movers are not getting anything. Please pray for a smooth transition for them; especially little Ben. I have had him since he was a kitten and we have never moved. Both Brady and Bonk are experienced movers, but I am sure it will be hard on them as well since the last time we moved was 10 years ago.

Tonight I am spending the evening with my best friend and she always has a way of making things not seem so overwhelming. Oh, and a couple Coronas always helps with that as well.

8 comments:

Bella said...

Hope your back feels better and it isn't too serious.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

Ouch on the back - a little tlc from MG can't hurt (wink).

Yay for good friends that make things not so taxing....

Caroline said...

katie--this afternoon my back is feeling really good. i think doing nothing for most of yesterday really helped

cheeky--you're thinking just like me....i need to have MG come over this week for so I can have a backrub. i seriously have the best friends ever....i couldn't have done all i have done in the last six months without them.

One Messed Up Chick said...

have a few more beers ;) (for me) and your back will feel great!

Caroline said...

eye--you know i will. hope you guys are doing ok and that everything is OK with N's MOm.

Lynilu said...

Yay! At last you're moving!! I will feel so much better with you in a safer environment. I'm sure the kitties will do OK. They'll have to adjust, but it shouldn't be awful. Be careful about putting them into the pet taxi ... And be sure ALL doors are shut at the new home before you open it up!! Ben might bolt if he gets frightened, as I'm sure you've considered.

I hope your back gets better. Ya know, it might be from stress, too.

Sheryl said...

Hey, Caroline, just give me a call when you are ready for that backrub! Have massage oil, will travel! And I will only charge you one beer!

Love,
S

Monogram Queen said...

Moving is usually tough on the pets but they will be fine. You are so sensitive to their needs and feelings. I love that! Hope your back gets better honey. That sucks.