Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Could Be a Problem

When I got home from work yesterday there was a notice on my door saying that on Wednesday my street will be closed so they can repave it. Normally this would not be a problem, but we are getting rain today and I think it's suppose to continue through tomorrow. That means all the the projects they are working on are being delayed which means they could be closing my street come Friday. I called the company that is repaving the street and told them the situation. They were very nice and said that if they are repaving my street on Friday they would work with me since the moving truck will be there, etc. I am not going to worry about it, because I have found that worrying does nothing but cause stomach problems.

Have I mentioned how I love rainy days? It's dark outside and getting cooler by the minute. This system that is here is bringing with it "some of the coolest temps for this season". Oh, what magical words those are. Two weeks ago we cooled down a lot, but it was only for a few days. It quickly went back into the high 80s and 90s. I am hoping this system kicks summer out for at least the next eight months.

Just 3 days until a new chapter in my life starts. Now that the time is get closer I am getting more excited and not so afraid. It's amazing how fear has controlled so much of my life. I will tell you, life is more beautiful when I push right through that fear and go after what I want. Three years ago I took a huge leap of faith by following that inner voice and never once have I regretted it. This Friday I am also taking a huge leap of faith. And just like three years ago I am listening to that soft voice deep inside. When I listen to that inner voice things always seem to work out exactly the way they are suppose to.

10 comments:

Monogram Queen said...

So happy for you and you are right. Worrying does NOTHING.

Bella said...

I'm glad the pavers will work with you.

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

No worries - you called the guys - they are gonna work with you.

Lynilu said...

That inner voice is so wise, isn't it? :)

Caroline said...

patti--thank you patti.

katie--i am so happy as well. thankfully they were very understanding about the whole situation.

cheeky--exactly

lynilu--it is very wise. i should listen to it more often

Anonymous said...

Girl, I LOVE a rainy day!! Thankfully I'm getting my fair share of them lately!

Sheryl said...

I am getting more excited by the day too! Friday will be here before we know it. It will be so wonderful to be at your side as we begin our new adventure!

I am loving today's weather, too. The cooler temps are agreeing with me! Now it's time for some fine fall foliage hiking!

Love,
S

yankeegirl said...

I love curling up w/ a book or better yet, with my sweetie on a rainy day.

Casey said...

Things have a way of working out - that's for sure. Your life is a prime example. There is a quote that I love, I think it's Maya Angelou..it's goes something like "Everything will be ok in the end. If it isn't ok, then it's not the end." :)

Happy Moving Week!

Holly said...

This is all very exciting and chaotic at the same time!

Good luck with the move! Wish we were closer so we could help!