Monday, September 03, 2007

Labor Day 2007

Well, Sophie and I are home now. It was a wonderful weekend with lots of great memories made. I love how MG and I are able to talk up a storm or have just quiet moments. Although with two dogs with lots of energy, there were not too many of those quiet moments. MG and I are so happy that Oliver and Sophie are getting along so well. I was a little concerned about at night, but Oliver settled in right between me and MG and Sophie was on the floor next to my side of the bed. Oliver usually likes to get up around 5am (gasp!!) and I was a little concerned about that. But would you believe it was Sophie that caused the problems. The first night she woke us up at 3:30. Just like two babies, once Sophie was up, Oliver thought for sure he needed to be up as well. MG has a yard, but no fence. So, we were up walking the dogs at 3:30am. Thankfully she lives in a very nice part of town. If we were at my house, we would have to put on our bullet proof vest. Last night Sophie let us sleep in until 4:30am. Thankfully after letting the dogs out, the 4 of us were able to go back to sleep for a few hours.

Saturday night MG and I went to the best restaurant for dinner, Texas Road House. I had seen it driving to her house and it just looked like a fun place to eat. We had to wait about 30 minutes, but while you are waiting they give you peanuts to munch on. When you are done with the shell you just throw it on the floor. It was kind of fun. My meal was called "Road Kill". Boy was it good. I can't wait to go back again.

Yesterday we drove about 40 miles north to St. Joseph, MO. There is a psychiatric museum and I have been wanting to go for years. It was interesting to say the least. It's amazing how far we have come in the treatment of mental illness.

Here are some pictures of this weekend.


I just love this picture. If you look closely you can see my reflection, Sophie (left) and Oliver (right).
Taken at the museum. All these items were found in one persons stomach. They did surgery because the patient was complaining of stomach pains. Gee, I wonder why.
Restraint Cage. This museum used mannequins and it just really freaked me out.
I love this "Golden Rule". Such a good reminder for all of us.
Loyalty to ones job.
Sophie and Oliver playing.

If you want to see more pictures from this weekend click HERE. There might even be one of MG.

11 comments:

Bella said...

Looks like a great weekend.

That museum looks kind of creepy.

Casey said...

Now see - that picture of MG just does not count. I think that falls into the "teaser" category. :)

Glad you had a good weekend.

Minnesota Nice said...

I didn't realize how teensy Oliver is until I saw the pic of him next to Sophie - he's just a wee little fella!

Those museum pics are very artsy, I think.

Caroline said...

katie--it was a great weekend. i had heard that there were "spirits" at this museum, but sadly i did not sense any when we were there

casey--sorry about the teaser...you'll all see a pic of her soon.

sandra--oliver is only 15lbs while sophie is 60lbs. don't let his size fool you....he has more control then any of us.

amy h said...

Um, I don't think I'll be visiting that museum anytime soon. :) Mannequins freak me out.

Caroline said...

amy--yea, it was pretty freaky. i had no idea they used mannequins until i turned one corner and there was staring right at me. scared the s**t out of me.

SassyFemme said...

That museum is a little freaky! Glad you had a good weekend. The pics of the dogs playing is cute!

Patti_Cake said...

So glad you had a wonderful week-end and the museum would have FREAKED ME OUT!

Holly said...

hey! that was a cheap trick! nice shot of MG!!! LOL!

Looks like a wonderful weekend. I am so happy for you!

Lynilu said...

I'd type up those 2 signs about "loyalty" and the "golden rule" and hang them in your office. Good words.

I wanted to see that museum, but never got around to it. Strange. Makes you glad to see how the field has progressed. Uh, well, I *think* it has progressed, anyway! LOL!

You are *so* in trouble for that tease about MG! C'mon!

Dee said...

I went to that museum when I was in college and thought it was one of the best field trips ever. It was both interesting and scary to see how they used to treat the mentally ill.