Friday, August 24, 2007

Weeks End

What a week. I am absolutely exhausted. I have just one hour left of work and I can't wait to get this weekend started.

The state was here Wednesday and Thursday. I think it went really well. All my boss' are at the exit interview, so I should know more by Monday. But overall, we think it went really well. Wednesday afternoon they toured our residential buildings. I was a nervous wreck because it's MY techs responsibility to make sure the buildings are clean. My techs did a wonderful job and the buildings looked great. My boss asked me to take the lady from the state back to our main location on Wednesday afternoon. I only live 10 minutes, so that was no problem. Not only did we get caught in horrible traffic, but we were driving right through a horrible rain storm. Do you know how hard it is to make small talk with someone that is judging every word you say. Oh, I forgot to mention that driving into work Wednesday was a disaster; not only for me but the entire city of Kansas City. President Bush was in town and he was speaking downtown, so the traffic was a mess. Every single one of us were late getting to work. Not a good day for the states first visit.

Thursday the state was still here, but I really didn't see them. My part was done, so I was able to breathe a little. Again on Thursday night I drove the lady back to our main location.

I was suppose to have an all tech meeting tomorrow morning, but I have canceled it. I just want to sleep in.

Wednesday when I was leaving to go to work I went to feed my stray cats and someone had put antifreeze in their food. (I told you I live next to some fucking crazy people) Not only was I furious about the antifreeze, but I was upset that someone was so close to my house. The cats seemed fine, although a little irritated that their food was spoiled. That night I took in their food, but left out their water. Thursday morning someone had put antifreeze in their water. WTF??? I am going to leave both the food and water out tonight and sit and watch to see who is doing this. I don't care if I have to stay up all night. Have I mentioned how done I am with my house and neighborhood?

As for the mystery person. I am going to keep her a mystery for a little bit longer. All I know is I am really enjoying getting to know her. She is not someone that I would normally have picked for myself, but obviously the people I have picked in the past were not that good for me. This person knows all about my blog and has respected the fact that I am not ready to share it with her yet. There is so much crud that I went through in the last six months, that maybe it's better if I share it with her before reading about it on my blog. I love how she respects my need to keep this blog private for right now. I don't want to say that she is perfect, but from what I have seen so far, she is pretty close.

OK, just 45 minutes until I can go home. Hope everyone has a great weekend. OH, and thanks for all the great comments about the story of my J. I was amazed at how therapeutic it was to get it all out. I now feel free to love someone else with all of me.

8 comments:

amy h said...

Enjoy your weekend -- it sounds like it has been a long week. And best of luck with the mystery person! :)

I can't believe anyone would put antifreeze in the cats' bowls. That is crazy!

One Messed Up Chick said...

WTF Caroline, I wish we lived closer I would stay up all night with you, we could keep each other up by laughing :) Have a great weekend.

Caroline said...

amy--all i can say about the antifreeze is.....my neighbors are crazy and i will find out who did this. (i really should have been a detective)

eye--man, that would be so much fun if you were closer. i am sure we would find lots of things to laugh about...:):):)

Lynilu said...

Have your camera ready. T.R.E.S.S.P.A.S.S.I.N.G!!!!

Audra said...

I cannot believe someone put antifreeze in their food and water!!! That is a really serious thing- they could have died if they ate it! I hope you catch them!

Caroline said...

lynilu--already planned on getting my camera ready.

audra--i live next to some very crazy people....

Julie said...

Ooh, that makes me so mad. Cats can and will drink anti freeze and die, someone knows this. People doing things to animals = the reason I don't own a gun. (I could see taking them out.)
Enjoy your weekend, sounds like you deserve it-:)

Unknown Me said...

Sometimes you need to have somewhere you can write without worrying about who's reading it....sometimes you need a place just for you and I'm glad she respects that.