Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Unpacking

The unpacking has begun. First thing to unpack was part of the kitchen. I have had everything in the kitchen packed up for two weeks now and I am tired of eating off paper plates. I am going to take the next couple of days to decide exactly what I am going to unpack. I know I do not want to unpack everything because I am going to be moving eventually.

I had my afternoon of feeling sorry for myself and I am ready to move on. I spent the afternoon calling all the utility companies to make sure that come Friday morning I still have lights, hot water and the most important thing: cable and Internet.

When the mailman came this afternoon I remembered that two weeks ago I put in a change of address to start Friday. I went to the post office and filled out my cancel form. I just hope it gets taken care of and my mail is not interrupted. But if that is the worst thing to happen from all this, I think I can handle that.

I know I keep saying this, but I really do have some of the best friends out there. A handful of my friends have talked me through this afternoon helping me come up with solutions. The support and love they have offered are priceless and really have left me speechless. When I told one friend I didn't know what to say to her generosity, she simply said, "You do not need to say anything."

I again need to mention my wonderful job. The support I have received from my supervisors (I have 3) has been a true blessing. I think back to that first job that I went to and stayed for just one hour knowing that I did not belong there. I remember leaving there wondering if I was making a big mistake. The three months that I have been at my current job has proven to me that I did indeed make the right decision. I called my main supervisor (the one that has been privy to my crying spells this week) to thank her again for being understanding and to let her know that I was doing OK. It's nice knowing that I can consider my supervisors more then just my boss', but my friends.

And last, but certainly not least, thank you all for your kind words of support and love. The comments and numerous emails I have received from people have been wonderful. When I started this blog almost two years ago I had no idea that my life would be touched by so many wonderful people. Each and every one of you are a treasured part of my life.

Tomorrow is a new day and I am bound to make it a good day. It's my Friday and I don't have to be back at work until Tuesday. It's suppose to be hotter then hell this weekend, which is the perfect opportunity to rethink my situation at the pool.

12 comments:

Audra said...

eep. I really don't know what to say, and I know nothing can make you feel better. I am SO sorry that you have to deal with all this- you deserve so much better out of life, and I am glad your friends are there to help you!

Casey said...

Yay for a positive outlook! Something amazing is bound to come from all this. Just keep keeping on and you will get to where ever it is you are meant to be.

Anonymous said...

Caroline, I am so sorry this is such a mess right now. You are doing a fabulous job with it all however and I know it's going to work out well for you. I'm glad you are taking a few days off to regroup. Good job sweetie!

A social worker in the making. said...

I am glad your feeling better my heart was breaking for you and I couldnt come up with anything to say.Keep thinking postive something will work out

Julie said...

I'm with Redfrog on this one...I keep trying to think of encouraging words because I want you to know that I'm one of the peeps thinking about you during this time...but whatever I type doesnt sound very helpful!
That said, I am still sure that you are soon to be on a ladder instead of a slide. (I think I played too much "Chutes & Ladders as a kid because it's how I see life now.)

SassyFemme said...

I'm so, so glad that you have so many supportive friends close by!

It WILL all be okay, Caroline!

PJ said...

Good job Caroline...you have been on my mind. Keep your chin up and your positive outlook...

Minnesota Nice said...

Thanks for checking in on me (all's well) - and enjoy your long weekend. This situation is going to be for the best, I just have a feeling.

Bella said...

There is nothing better than having great supervisors.

Caroline said...

audra--thank you for your kind words. there is no way i could have handled all of this without the help from my friends

casey--i loved your last sentence. thank you

traci--when this all fell through i wasn't going to take off those two days, but i really, really need them right now

redfrog27--i am also glad that i had a chance in attitude. why am i always surprised that feeling better just feels better :)

julie--loved your comment. thank you for your support

sassy--yes, it will all be Ok, one way or another

pj--keeping that chin up and my attitude. so far today is much better then yesterday..thank goodness

sandra--so glad you are OK. when i heard about what happened my first thought was wondering if you were OK

katie--first of all, i am glad you are also OK. and yes, good supervisors are hard to come by and I feel extremely lucky and blessed.

Patti_Cake said...

Ah yes lounge by the pool and you are doing great keeping the chin up Caroline.

yankeegirl said...

((((hugs))) to you and the babies. Caroline- you are amazing. Keep your chin up!