Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Update

The deal with the people that were buying the house has officially ended. They called me this morning and told me they would not be moving in.

I am in shock.

My boss, as she always is, was wonderful and supportive and allowed me to leave early to deal with all of it. There are about a million things I needed to do. I had to call all the utility companies to cancel the transfer of service, I had to call the moving company to cancel the move and I had to call the apartment complex to cancel my move in.

I am thankful that this happened before I signed the lease. And I am thankful that I am getting my $250 pet deposit back since I did not move in.

I am trying hard to see the good in all of this. But when you are handling all this on your own, sometimes seeing the good is really hard.

I am still taking Friday and Monday off because I need a break. STL is coming into town still and just maybe we will get out of town for a few days and go camping. That would bring such comfort to my soul.

I sometimes wonder how I ended up where I am right now. How did my life, which appeared to me and others to be really good, end up where I am alone, struggling financially and depressed.

I keep hearing that everything happens for a reason. I understand that, but when you are down a hole trying to pull yourself up sometimes it's hard to see the reason behind all of this.

I have 31 days until my insurance at work kicks in. I am counting the days until I can go in and talk to someone about all of this. How I have handled all of this on my own is beyond my own understanding. But somehow I have and somehow I will make it through this.

7 comments:

Patti_Cake said...

Girl I know they say "everything happens for a reason" but i'm damned if I know sometimes. I am so sorry. Hugs.

Bella said...

Sometimes I swear the world is just trying to screw with a person. If there is anything I can do for you please let me know.

PJ said...

Hey girl....take a breath..take another one...take another one.

Now...try very hard..for me..not to stress about the things you can't control. The couple backing out obviously have issues as well, and being the compassionate person you are, I know you feel for them as well. Wish them well and tell them good-by.

Now..leave for the weekend if you can. Not much can be accomplished over the weekend. Enjoy some down time before you need to put some things in motion.

Email me girl...I don't want to take up your blog area..

Oh...and to Sharon...don't sweat the small stuff. We will all live long enough for her to get hers...

pj

Casey said...

Ok - I know this sucks BUT it would have sucked a million times worse if they had moved in and then a month down the road could/wouldn't pay rent - then you would really be up a creek without a paddle. Can you put the house on the market and sell it? I know the housing market is in the dumper these days but.....

*sigh* I'm sorry but really - it's better than they back out now rather than later. Keep the faith - it will all work out. It always does.

amy h said...

I have to agree with Casey that it is better that this happened now than when they moved in. Legally, it can be really hard to get someone out of your house once they are in, which would have left you in an even worse situation. I don't mean to say that what you're going through is easy! I just try to see the brighter side when things seem pretty bad.

I hope you ultimately find a living/financial situation that brings you peace!

Unknown said...

May you find a few hours of relaxation this weekend.

SassyFemme said...

Ditto to everything Casey just said.

Also, I know I keep harping on this, but if you don't have a lawyer yet, please get one!