Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Tuesday



Most days I go to Subway for lunch. I especially loves Tuesdays because you can get a foot long for $3. I usually save half of it for dinner that night.

It seems that the word has gotten out about this great deal. Today I drove in the 96 degree heat to Subway. You know you go somewhere a lot when they don't even have to ask you what you want; they just know. As I walked in there was literally 20 people in front of me. One of them was this little boy with his family. I got the biggest kick out of his expressions. It was so apparent that no one asked him if it was OK to wait in line for 40 minutes for a sandwich. He sat in this chair with his arms crossed and the biggest pout on his face. I especially love how his hat is on sideways.

Laura got all her paperwork faxed to the realtor today, so as of Thursday morning the house is officially on the market. I still need to break the news to the pets that there will be strange people coming in and out during the day while I am not there. I feel confident that Brady will be a good greeter. He greets everyone at the door. As for Sophie, I am not sure how she will react.

Tomorrow is a very special day for Caroline in the City. I will be celebrating 2 years of blogging. I still can't believe something I started because I was bored at work has turned into such a big part of my life and who I am. Be sure to check out the celebration post I have planned tomorrow. It includes looking back at the past and where this blog started out in the beginning and where I am now. It's going to be a fun party.

Tonight S. and I are meeting for dinner. I am looking forward to it. She is so nice and even though our interests are different we never seem to lack conversation.

2 comments:

pilgrimchick said...

Congrats on the blogging anniversary.

I have indeed recently had the same Subway experience as you describe. It's the only place I can get a quick lunch that makes clear to the customer what he or she will be consuming (well, who knows if that is true, but you can't beat a six-inch sweet onion chicken teriyaki).

Patti_Cake said...

Sometimes "different" is good. Opposites attract and all that. You can learn from each other.
That little boy is cute! I can almost eat a half sub so I often buy one and save some for later too. Mmmmm I love subs!