Monday, August 06, 2007

Take Two

**Edited**Where in the world do I get a St. Joseph statue??????????

The sign is in the yard, the paperwork is almost signed (just waiting on Laura to fax her part back) and now we are just waiting for someone to come buy the perfect little house. I am hoping to be in a new place by the time fall is here. Selling the house (for good) will be the happiest day of my life. I will be jumping up and down with joy, excitement and happiness.
As you can see, we are all crossing our fingers, toes and legs in hopes that the house sells fast.

I decided that when the house sells I am not going to move to the apartment I had first planned to move into. I found a duplex that is $100 less a month and has a huge fenced in back yard. Oh, and the best part: I would have a garage. Ice can be pretty bad in the winter here, so it would be nice not to have to scrape ice off my windshield in the mornings. The duplex is up North (by the airport) and it would be like I was moving to a new town. Kansas City is divided up between north of the river and south of the river. I am not familiar with anything north of the river, so I am excited to explore a new part of town.

So, please say some real estate prayers that the house sells fast and I can finally start this new chapter of my life.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

we Catholics believe a St. Joseph statue buried upside down in the front yard hastens the sale of a home...that and competitive pricing...

yankeegirl said...

Wow, that sounds great to move to a new part of town. I'm committed by the divorce decree to stay in this school district for this year. After that, I make no promises!

Julie said...

That sounds great! You would be able to keep your animals then, correct? A garage is always nice in the winter too.
I'm crossing my fingers (and the paws of my cat) for a quick sale.

amy h said...

Good luck! I hope it sells fast.

I have gotten to know the northland a little more since my mom moved up there. Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Caroline said...

anonymous--i am willing to try anything. thanks for the suggestion

yankeegirl--i am so excited about the possibility of moving up north. it would be like i was moving to a new town

julie--thanks for all he crossing of fingers and paws. the garage was the selling point

amy--thanks for the help with figuring out where things are up north. i will let you know if i have any questions.

Luna said...

Crossing my fingers here!! At least you haven't had to deal with the headache of complete redoing the house to sell it (which is what we are doing to my brothers)

Hope things continue to look up!

Caroline said...

jaded mama--yes i am thankful that there are not a lot of updating or repairs that need to be done. i would be an emotional mess if i had to worry about that as well. thanks for the crossing of the fingers.

Lynilu said...

If I moved back to KC (NO! NO! NO!!!!!) I'd live north. I worked in that area for several years, and I really like it. I'll keep my fingers crossed, sent up petitions to th universe, and say a prayer, too. Good luck, sweetie!!

SassyFemme said...

We did the St. Joseph statue thing, as anonymous suggested, twice. Worked each time. My mother swore by it.

Sounds like moving to the duplex with a yard and garage is perfect. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers!

Patti_Cake said...

You know I am hoping for the best for you and hopefully you can keep all of your furbabies in the duplex also?
BTW the St. Joseph didn't work for me but give him a try!

Bella said...

Best of luck for a fast sale.

The duplex you want to move in sounds perfect for you.

Anonymous said...

Here's a cheap one that could give you a BIG payout! Good luck!

http://www.goodfortuneonline.net/basic-st-joseph-kit.html

Minnesota Nice said...

Maybe you have to be a good Catholic girl for St. Joseph to work, he didn't work for me either. Here you go - only $1.95. {{shrug}} Why not try it, nothing to lose!!

I'll cross all my paws for a fast sale for you too.

Caroline said...

lynilu--i also really like the northland. to me it kind of feels more like the country .

sassy--yes the duplex is very nice. not big, but big enough for me and ALL my pets

patti--yes, i can have all the cats and the dog. that is what makes this place perfect

katie--thanks for the wish of luck. i am hoping it all falls into place..quickly

kelly--thank you so much for the link. will let you know if it helps

sandra--thanks for the link. and thanks for all the paw crossing.