Sunday, August 05, 2007

Another Good Sunday

This is the 2nd good Sunday in a row. It feels great. Maybe part of the reason today is a good day is because I am off work tomorrow. I was scheduled to be off tomorrow because of the move and with all that happened this week I decided that I still needed a break from work. It's been exactly what I needed. No, not all my problems have been solved, but I at least feel recharged and ready to tackle all that I need to.

I met S this morning for church. It's a really small church and everyone was very warm and welcoming. The pastor is a lesbian and her wife was there as well. It felt nice being in a a church where my sexual orientation plays no part at all. I will go into more later about my experience at the church, but I am just not up to writing about it today.

After church S and I went out to lunch. She is a very sweet and kind person. We didn't have any problems finding things to talk about, which is always nice. I hate trying to find things to talk about with someone new. We are planning on getting together on Tuesday for dinner. Oh, and one wild fact: she has the same birthday as Laura. It's weird to think about, but also OK.

Kansas City is in the middle of a horrible heat wave. I am currently sitting in the house with all the blinds shut trying to stay cool. Even Sophie doesn't want to go outside. How many days until fall?

So, I leave you with a couple pictures from today. It's a lazy day around our house and we are all enjoying some quiet time.
I love this shot. Brady has taken over several of the boxes that I have unpacked. If you click on the picture you can see his eye looking out that one open space.
Another shot of Brady. He is saying, "What is wrong with me laying in this box?"

Sophie hates the heat about as much as I do. We really need to move somewhere that does not have this horrible heat.

11 comments:

Lynilu said...

LOL! Sophie looks like she thinks she's gonna get told to get off the furniture!

I'm SO glad I'm not there for the heat wave. You know how I hate that. It is muggy here right now, and the sky is beginning to cloud, so I figure we're gonna get some rain. Duh. We have been getting some almost every day! It doesn't get muggy, though, except just before a rain, so it isn't bad.

Have a good week!

Audra said...

Boo on heat waves! It's been a little warm here too.

We recently found a pretty nice gay friendly episcopal church here that is very nice and welcoming!

Caroline said...

lynilu--actually sophie is upset because i woke her up to take the picture. you do realize she has a very hard life...:)

audra--yes, boo on the heat. the heat in kc is so bad because of the humidity. it just sucks any engery you might have...

Bella said...

I hope you are able to cool off.

I'm glad you found a church where you feel comfortable. That's awesome!

Caroline said...

katie--i am excited as well about the church. i can't wait for next sunday....

Julie said...

Hi
I'm glad that the church was a good experience - I might try to find one as welcoming to all people here in Atl.
I too hate this heat - I should be used to it now that I've lived in the south for so long, but man, it's tiring, isn't it?

SassyFemme said...

The heat wave even made it's way to CT, mid-90's and humid here. Ick!

I'm really glad you found a church that's comfortable for you, and that you had an enjoyable lunch with S.

Trop said...

Court and I are active in our church, but we are not completely satisfied. We may check out a Lutheran church in town... they actively opposed VA's so-called marriage amendment last year. Court talked to the minister not too long ago and he was very open and inviting.

Patti_Cake said...

Glad you had a good Sunday. Sorry I didn't get a chance to call but I thought about ya! Love the pics of Brady & Sophie! Girl the heat is EVERYWHERE i'm afraid. *sigh*

Caroline said...

julie--yes the heat is tiring. i can't wait until fall....

sassy--the church was so nice. i am really looking forward to going back on sunday. hope you can stay cool with the heat

trop--i was just thinking about you guys and your church wondering if you were still involved with it since i had not heard you talk about it in a while. good luck with the new church

patti--i did miss your call over the weekend. but i knew that you were probably just enjoying some peace and quiet

Holly said...

I'm catching up on your last few days! Sounds like a wonderful church. We just found a big gay-friendly episcopal church. It's so wonderful to feel so accepted, isn't it!?!?
Love the pictures!!!!