Saturday, August 04, 2007

Sunday Morning Date

Ever since I was kicked out of the Jehovah's Witness religion I have had a negative attitude towards organized religion. Breaking the habit of going to church 3-4x a week is a hard habit to break. I have always felt like there was something missing. It's true that I have never felt closer to God then I do at this moment, but I still had this feeling like something was missing.

Kansas City church's are not known for being open to diversity. The ones that are welcoming to gays/lesbians for some reason have not appealed to me. It just didn't feel right.

Earlier in the week I met a woman that I have been talking to. She casually mentioned that she belongs to a small church that is very open and welcoming to gays/lesbians. The more she talked about it, the more I felt this desire to go. I felt something drawing me to this church.

So, tomorrow morning S and I will have our first date.

We are going to church together.

7 comments:

Casey said...

That sounds really nice. Have a great time. :)

Patti_Cake said...

I hope y'all have a wonderful time. I've been wanting to get back into going to church too and to get Madison involved as well.

Caroline said...

casey--thank you. i am really looking forward to it. this is the first time that i have gone to church on a first date. it just feels right to me

patti--thank you, i also hope that it's a good time. you'll have to let us know if you get involved in church again. i love reading about different religions.

SassyFemme said...

I hope you find something that fits you spiritually, and that you also enjoy the date.

In two weeks Fran and I take a class at our UUA church, and then will officially join.

Bella said...

Good luck. It is so hard finding your "church home"

Julie said...

I think this is the very reason I get so turned off by religion in general. How can people possibly say they believe in such a judgemental God? I hope the church you visit is different - it would be nice to know they are out there.

Lynilu said...

What an awesome way to start dating!