Thursday, August 30, 2007

Smarter Then the ATM

My bank put in new ATM's and I just can't seem to figure it out. Today I was trying to deposit a check and could not figure it out. I was first surprised to see that I did not need an envelope to deposit the check into the ATM. It then took me 3 times before the machine was able to read my card. I then for the life of me could not figure out how to deposit the damn check. After looking in my mirror and seeing the person behind me with their head on their window I decided to give up and just go through the drive thru. I told the lady I couldn't figure it out and she said, "Oh, it's a new machine". Really??? Do you think it was necessary to tell me that. Oy. Thank goodness I rarely make deposits at the ATM, so I don't think I need to worry too much about it.

For some reason the last few weeks I have been obsessed with going back and reading my old posts. Maybe it's because I want to share my blog with MG, but want to review what I have written first. Just a few months ago I looked back on the life that Laura and I had and to me it seemed perfect. When I go back and read those old posts it takes me back to that time and I read what I wrote and then think about what I didn't write. It's been an interesting journey. Just this morning I read a post from last August when we had the carpets cleaned. Laura was so pissed at me because I had a health fair to go to that morning and she had to deal with the cats/dog by herself. Oh, was she upset at me. It's amazing how much I was walking around on eggshells and never realized it until now. The more I step back and look at the life that Laura and I had together the more I realize how self-centered she really is. It is (and has always been) all about her.

I continue to be bored at work. My main boss is gone until next week, so that might have something to do with it. Not that I only work when she is around, but, well you know how it is when the boss is away. I know one thing for sure...keeping busy definitely makes the days go by faster.

Now that things have calmed down a little I was thinking about making my blog public again. I don't think it would happen right away, probably after my house sells and I get settled wherever it is that I will end up. This is just an idea that is floating around in my mind. See what happens when I have too much time on my hands at work...I think too much.

Happy Friday Eve everyone.

4 comments:

SassyFemme said...

I've never deposited a check through the ATM. I guess I'm old, I just don't trust it and prefer to hand my checks over to living, breathing "machines."

Lynilu said...

I've had the same retrospect about walking on eggshells, as I think you know. You just don't see it at the time because you are in the mist of it all and absolutely not objective. I noticed it with you and Laura; I'd guess you did about me and Glenn, too. We learn lessons hard, don't we?

Bella said...

You have grown so much since all of this went down. Don't let yourself feel down because of past feelings. You were doing what you thought was right at that time. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Patti_Cake said...

Walking on eggshells is NEVER good. So glad you are in a much better place now!