Thursday, August 30, 2007

Unexpected

I have a little bit of an update on my problem earlier in the week with State Farm. When I got home today there was a card from my agent. He just wanted me to know how important my business was to him and he again told me to call him whenever I had a problem. OK, I am slowly coming around to this guy. He seems to be trying really hard to keep one customer. My other agent which I had been with since I was 16 knew me and I rarely had to explain things because he just knew. It was so nice to call his office and say who I was and the other person in his office would always say, "Hi Caroline, How are you?" I didn't just feel like a number. Thankfully my new agent appears to be working his ass off so I don't just feel like a number. I bet next time I call they will know exactly who I am.

I am disconnecting my cable in about a month and I called Time Warner to work out the details today. Last December Laura and I signed up for cable/phone/Internet and are under a 15 month contract. So, disconnecting the service before the end of the contract (March 08) normally costs $250. Somehow I was connected to someone that decided to show a little mercy to me without me even asking her to. I explained my situation and she said "Oh, that's no problem. I will just take away the part here that says you are under contract and you will not have to pay anything." Wow, I totally did not expect that.

So if any of you are having problems with customer service just have me call for you. Apparently what I am saying is the right thing and I am getting exactly what I want; even when I don't ask for it.

7 comments:

Lynilu said...

Hey! Where were you when I needed you??? ;-)

TL had an experience similar to yours with State Farm. She actually had to change to another agent because one was so unreasonable, but when the second one learned about the problems she had, he bent over backward to make her feel good about staying with SF. Sometimes you just have to get pushy!

So what are you doing about internet? You'll go bonkers with dialup!

Bella said...

It's great when you have awesome customer service.

Audra said...

Time Warner is killing me right now. Their internet seems to want to work only when it feels like it! ugh!

Patti_Cake said...

Well a good customer service story... and I thought they were all just myths! Good for you!

amy h said...

Lucky you! We just signed up for a Time Warner 15-month deal, and that $250 scared me.

Unknown Me said...

Want me to send you a list???

Holly said...

You are totally my customer service connection! I never get them to do diddly squat for me.