Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Relieved

OK, I am so relieved right now. I called the moving company that is moving me in three weeks just to verify that they still have me on the schedule for August 3. They do and much to my surprise I had them put in the price 25 boxes that are to be moved as well. Whew. I was so afraid that I was going to be moving all the boxes by myself. I will make sure that the 25 boxes they take will be the heaviest.

I also called the cable company last night to transfer my service. They will be out 2 hours after the movers drop off my stuff to hook up my cable, phone and Internet. I was a little afraid that I was going to have to wait 2-3 days until that service was up and running. Can you imagine the horror of being without cable and the Internet for 2-3 days. I might have been forced to actually read or something. So glad it did not come to that. :)

Looks like everything is coming together. I guess there is no turning back now. Now if I could just figure out how to say goodbye to a house filled with a lifetime of memories.

12 comments:

Casey said...

I'm glad things are coming together and I wish you peace as you say goodbye to the house and the life you had there.

Caroline said...

casey--you will never know how relieved i was with the whole 25 boxes thing. the goodbye to the house is kind of bittersweet. i am glad to be going, but it will still be sad to leave.

Lynilu said...

When God closes one door, He opens another.

Before you leave, say goodbye for me, too. I spent a few hours in that house, with your grandma, with a couple of the cool renters before that, and most of all with you. It is bittersweet, isn't it?

Patti_Cake said...

You will get it together honey. We know we can start moving stuff next week but I don't have an exact date yet so I can have my Satellite,Power, Phone & Internet switched.

Caroline said...

lynilu--i will say goodbye for you as well. it's going to be a sad weekend when i move, but i know a fresh start will be good for me right now

patti--good luck with your move. i know stacey is getting pretty anxious about starting the whole moving thing..hope it all goes well for you guys.

Bella said...

Best of luck on the move!

Nancy Lindquist-Liedel said...

Your break is so healthy! I'm sitting here applauding you. I'm proud of you and I don't even know you, but you're amazing.

I have a son I suspect is gay. I love him so much and I cannot imagine ever loving my child less for anything. Let alone something he has zero control over.

Okay, teary now. Sniff. Back to real life.

Caroline said...

katie--thanks for the luck. hey, you're only 8 hours away..wanna come help me move :)

nancy--wow, i am speechless from your comment. thank you so much. as for your son...just love him and remind him that you love him no matter what...that is all i ever wanted to hear from my parents. i don't care if they don't like the fact that i am gay..i just wanted them to love me.

Holly said...

So glad things are working out well. It's very hard to say goodbye to a place with so many memories. The new place will bring new memories, leave the bad ones behind.

Anonymous said...

Change is hard isn't it? Even when we know it's a good thing...it is tough. {{{Caroline}}}

Caroline said...

holly--yes, the new place will bring many new (and good) memories. looking forward to saying goodbye to all the bad memories.

traci--yes change is very hard even when it's good. once i get settled in i know i will realize it was all for the best; especially when i am laying out by the pool. :)

amy h said...

I've moved enough to know that the memories will come with you when you move if you want them to! It is good to not have visual reminders of things you may not want to remember, but the good memories stick with you.