Sunday, July 15, 2007

And the Packing Continues

We had a gorgeous sunset last night. We had storms moving in and the sky was breathtaking. I am going to miss the sunsets when I move into my apartment. I won't have a good view of the gorgeous sunsets that Kansas City gets.

Each day I continue to pack a little more. All my dishes and glasses are packed, so for the next couple of weeks I will be eating off paper plates. I have gone through the canned goods and gotten rid of all the stuff I know I will never use or that is outdated. Note to self: go through the cabinets more then I have in the past. Boy, there was a lot of stuff that had been pushed to the back and were so outdated.

Laura will be in town this week for work and to pick up Bonk. I would do anything to keep Bonk, but I just don't see how it would work out. Oh, and I am still looking for a home for Asrto. He's one of the most loving cats I know. So if any of you would love to welcome a wonderful cat into your home, please let me know.

It seems like it's a typical Sunday in my mind. I think I am just feeling a little down and kind of having a pity party for myself. There are so many people that I know that are taking vacations and I am so angry that ALL my vacations for this year were fucked up by Laura.

Every.
Single.
One.

Instead, any money that I could have spent on a vacation, even a small one, is being spent towards moving into an apartment. In all my life, I have never known someone that has spent most of her adult life being so selfish and self absorbed.

There....I feel better. Sorry I had to bring you along for this pity party.

Monday can't get here soon enough.

4 comments:

Patti_Cake said...

Honey it had to be said and i'm glad you said it. You have the right. Hugs... I haven't packed a thing yet *gulp*

Lynilu said...

Well! I'm glad you finally said it!! Yes, she is. But you've grown a lot through the experience, so (except for 0 vacation) you're smarter, and you're waaaaaay ahead on the friends scale. I'm proud of you.

Wish I could be there to help you move, but there is no way at this time. You'll be alright. I know it is hard. I was thinking about how hard it is for me to do many things by myself, but I figure out ways to do it, and I know you will, too. :)

Trop said...

Good luck with all your packing. We are finally getting everything settled in... just a few more boxes to put away. I hate moving!

Do all you can to let out your anger for Laura. Otherwise, it will poison you.

Caroline said...

patti--girl you better get packing. :) as for the comment... it's amazing what a little bit of time will do for your view on how things were and what you thought they were

lynilu--i know if you were here or could be here you would be. no worries. packing is so much easier with Penelope anyway. :) as for the friends scale...i can't even explain how much i have come out on the better end of that scale. maybe i needed to go through all of this to show me how many friends i really have. before this i am not sure i really appreciated my friends. lessons can be learned from everything

trop--i also hate moving and to be moving in august in kansas city is going to be hell. i am praying for a cool front that weekend, but won't count on it. working hard on my anger towards laura. i feel i have come far from where i was even just a few months ago.