Friday, July 13, 2007

iPod Love

I am so in love with my iPod. To be honest it was not an instant love. I had a lot of trouble figuring out how to transfer all my songs (111 to be exact) from my Windows Media Player. I had more then just a little bit of trouble. At one point I was thinking, "the friend that gave me this can have it back because it is obviously a lot smarter then me". But then this same friend worked with me and my computer to get the songs transferred. Bad thing is I was only able to transfer about 1/2 the songs. Apparently Walmart (where I downloaded most of my songs) blocks the songs from being transferred to iTunes. Bastards. But, I have discovered iTunes which is so much better then Walmart.

I rarely go anywhere without my iPod. I have an adapter for the car so I have no idea what they are playing on the radio anymore. That's ok, I am enjoying my road down memory lane with all my favorite songs from the 80s and 90s. Remember that song Luka from the late 80s? Yea, that is the song that is currently stuck in my head. I guess it's pretty appropriate for my job.

My iPod has become my new (and very cheap) form of therapy. One of the greatest feelings is turning the music up loudly and singing at the top of your lungs to work through some of your anger. I guess I should get all of that in now before I move to an apartment and I have neighbors right next to me. I really don't want to be known as the crazy lady that sings loudly. I find that when I am singing the loudest all the cats are right by me. Either they really love my singing or I am making a noise that only cats can hear.

I find that turning on the iPod while I am driving is very calming for me. For example: when I went over to one of our resident buildings early this morning I came out to a parking ticket. Apparently my car was not enough behind the little sign. The result was a $38 parking ticket. Again...bastards. But the minute my iPod came on and heard Air Supply (shut up) singing about being all out of love...life was good again.

I need to come up with a new name for my best friend. I hate just calling it my iPod. Any suggestions as to what I shall call my new friend?

9 comments:

Lynilu said...

Penelope. Penelope Pod. Penelope I. Pod.

Audra said...

i had a really hard time figuring it out the first time as well- you're not alone lol!

Jamie said...

Petunia----Pete----Peter----Popeye---Okay, I'm out of P words, lynilu has the best one....

Caroline said...

Lynilu--Oh, I really like Penelope.

audra--that's good to know. i was afraid that it was just me

simonsays--oh, i like popeye. oh, it's going to be harder then what i thought to pick a name.

One Messed Up Chick said...

How about Pain in the ass LOL Seriously though I like penelope :)

Anonymous said...

There is a program that will allow you to convert your songs from Walmart into iTunes. It costs 15 bucks or so but it's worth it totally! It's called WMAconvert and we've used it with great success. Let me see if I can find the link for it.

here it is!

http://www.wma-convert.com/

you'll love it...promise!

Patti_Cake said...

Ipodotamia LOL

We got iPods for Christmas and we STILL don't know how to use them. I am glad to hear someone is enjoying theirs LOL

Patti_Cake said...

OH Eye Of Rainbow I am totally stealing your name for my iPod should I ever get it working. It truly has earned the name Pain In The Ass (PITA for short)

Caroline said...

Thank you all for your suggestions...and Patti you can have PITA. :)

The winner is Lynilu with Penelope. It's just perfect. So, when I talk about Penelope, no it's not a new girl in my life...it's my iPod. :)