Sunday, June 03, 2007

STL

Ok, it's probably no surprise to many of you that I went to see STL this past weekend in St. Louis. We decided earlier in the week that we just needed to see if the connection we were feeling on the phone was the same in person. I dropped a few hints during the week (I am horrible at keeping secrets), but I didn't want to come out and say what I was doing until I had already made the adventure. Here are few pics from my visit with STL this weekend.
The drive was beautiful to St. Louis. We were expecting storms, but I managed to avoid most of the nasty ones. The clouds were so beautiful on my drive.

There were very few problems driving there. But this stupid mini van, which was filled with people kept passing me and each time they drove by they would all look at me and laugh. I was like "what the hell?" So I pulled out my camera and took their picture. If I had more guts I would have pulled up right next to them and taken their picture. I do think they knew I took their picture because after I took it they pressed on the gas and were gone. I am sure they were all saying, "speed up there is a crazy bitch in that car".
Another beautiful picture of the storms that were all around me. I loved this one of the rainbow. After this weekend I realized that there really is gold at the end of a rainbow.
Sophie did a wonderful job in the car and once we got to STL's house. STL has a huge fenced in back yard and Sophie felt right at home. There was even a dog next door that she became friends with.


This is STL's cat Sybil. Her cats kind of freaked out when Sophie and I first got there. By this morning Sybil was in the same room as us and her motor was just a running. Very sweet cat.

I kept using the word "amazing" over the weekend because that is all I could think of to describe STL and the connection we had from the very start. When I got to STL's house we picked up right where we had left off on the phone. We talked literally from the minute I got there until I left this afternoon. It is scary of all the things we have in common. I mean really freaky scary. While I was there I didn't care about my cellphone, my email or my blog. All I wanted to do was talk to her and get to know her better.

Leaving today was very hard. How in the world could I come back to Kansas City when my heart is still in St. Louis.

Stay tuned for more on this developing story......

13 comments:

Lynilu said...

Yeah, you were a bit transparent! I'm glad you had a good time. And I'm glad you're happy again. :)

yankeegirl said...

Wow Caroline! Sounds like a wonderful weekend. Good for you!

Monogram Queen said...

YAY! I was thinking that was where you were going but respected your privacy. I am SO happy your visit went well!

Dee said...

Glad you had such a great time!

Casey said...

Yep - I agree with Lynilu. Totally transparent. :) Glad you had a good time - it all sounds very promising. Good for you for getting back in the game. :)

chapin said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I wasn't sure where your adventure was taking you but I had a pretty good idea. :-)

Caroline said...

lynilu--yes it was a very good time. and it also feels very good to be happy again.

yankeegirl--stay tuned for more about the weekend

patticake--since i am horrible at keeping secrets most knew already where i was going. note to self: working not giving too many details too soon :)

dee--thanks

casey--thanks so much casey. it's more fun being part of the game then sitting on the sidelines watching everyone else have a good time.

chapin--yea, it wasn't much of a surprise to people.

Anonymous said...

Rock On Caroline.....good for you. I also met the woman of my dreams online, and she was only 20 miles away. Chances are we would have never crossed paths any other way...

you go girl....

~PJ

Minnesota Nice said...

Anyone who names their cat Sybil is all right with me. Cute Tortoise-shell!!

SassyFemme said...

Oh I feel like clapping I'm so happy you went and had a good time!

Caroline said...

PJ--oh i envy you that your girl is just 20 minutes away. 3 hours is not that far, but at times it seems like the other side of the world

sandra--if you think sybil is cute in this picture you should see her in real life...

sassy--thank you so much sassy for the support. i know some might be thinking we are crazy for feeling this so early, but when you find good you know right away.

SheA said...

way to good Caroline- happy to hear the great news. ps love the rainbow pic!!!!

Liquid said...

Was just surfing the net and found your blog. Very interesting! Hope you don't mind but I just HAD to blog-roll you! Great blog. I'll be back to visit often! :)